Chapter 15

Four POV
The days have go by in a daze. I don't remember any of them. Everyone tries to help me but nothing works. I don't feel like eating or sleeping. Everything's gone wrong, again. Why does this keep happening?

My jobs actually pretty good, if anything can be good any more. I miss Tris a lot too much even. But she'll never know that. Because she's never coming back. This always happens. I think of something, I see something, I hear something and it reminds me of her. Why couldn't things be different?

Tris POV
I arrive in New York. I'm slightly happier but nothing would make me more happy than being back home with Tobias. I get to work immediately and everyone congratulates me on my recent mission. I smile and nod but it's all fake. I just want these 6 months to pass quickly.

I'm given more missions but they all agree that they hope I'm happy. They say I deserve to go home after 6 months. So I'll work my best and my hardest until I can go. Oh why can't December come sooner?

***6 months later-Christmas Day***
Four POV
It's Christmas. It's been 6 months since Tris left. Everyone asks me what I want and I give them all the same answer, Tris home beside me forever.

I know it's crazy but that's what I want. Christina and Uriah are engaged, Zeke and Shauna are married and expecting a baby. We all still miss our friends that are gone, Will, Marlene and Lynn. But it's getting easier. The only one that's single is me but that can't be helped. Even though Tris told me not to wait,I still do.

It's getting dark and it's snowing hard but I still go out for a walk anyway. I've done this every night since Tris left. I wander the compound. Even though it's cold I don't notice. All i can do is think of Tris if only she was here...

Tris POV
Today's the day, the day I can go back to Chicago. It's Christmas as well, so this is one of the best presents I could ever get. I put on black skinny jeans, boots, a red jumper and a long red coat. I put a black hat on and I run to the train. I get on. This'll be a long drive, so I might as well sleep.

Hours later I'm approaching the compound. It's already dark and it's snowing hard. I hope I'll make the jump. I stand up and run. For a few seconds I feel like one of the snowflakes, floating through the air. Then my feet slam into the ground and I look around me. I don't see anyone anywhere. They must all be celebrating Christmas. I wonder how much has changed. Has Tobias moved on?

I jump down to the net and land with a thump. I look around me, no ones here. I get down and wander around the compound. Maybe I can find someone and they'll give me a place to stay. Then I see someone's shape come into view. I look closer and i gasp. I'd know him anywhere. I start to run and he does too. We crash together hugging each other. This is where I belong, here in Chicago, in Tobias' arms.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 hey guys! So please tell me what you think! This isn't the last chapter! I promise! Please comment what you thought! Bye guys! 😊💕