A Night in the Forbidden Forest

Millie

I waited patiently in the Hufflepuff common room. I was forced to turn myself invisible early because Ned Heyna had fallen asleep in the common room and I had been told he was a light sleeper.

Finally, I heard some tapping coming from outside. I began to open the door when Heyna suddenly growled. I froze.

"Tonight. The match has already been lit but tonight the fuse will be lighted," he mumbled.

I realized that he was sleep talking so I began to ease the door open but stopped again when I heard what he said next.

"Tonight Marowski, Whitehurst, and Ludiker will change their lives for good. Tonight their lives will change all because of a little mischief. They are now boarding the roller coaster and in a few hours, there is no getting off."

I gasped silently but then shook it off. Roller coaster? What's the worst that could happen?

I slipped out.

"Z? Ludiker?"

"Right here, Mil," Zander's voice came from a few feet to my right.

"I can't see you. Where exactly are you?"

Footsteps came towards me. I reached out my hand and it came in contact with someone's shoulder. An invisible hand grasped mine.

"C'mon. We're wasting time," Matt's voice came from next to invisible Zander.

We silently walked through the halls of Hogwarts.

Should I tell them about what Heyna said? No. They'd probably just laugh. But then again it sounds very dangerous. But he was sleep talking. If I see the slightest sign of danger then I'll tell them.

Suddenly I was yanked into a room beside us. At first, I thought we had been caught but then Zander's voice broke the silence.

"C'mon. Out the window," He whispered.

"Why?" Matt and I said in unison.

"Because how else are we going to get out? The front door where teachers crowd the halls? I don't think so. I'll go first."

"Wait!" I whispered harshly. "That's at least a fifty-foot drop from the window to the ground!"

"Relax," Zander whispered calmly, "I'll just use the spell I used when I was chasing after the one cloaked figure."

"Zander," Matt's voice came out of the darkness next to me, "Who was the cloaked figure? Did you see it's face? Did it tell you it's name?"

"N-no. Anyway, I'll go first, you guys can follow and I'll use the spell to catch you."

"Zander, wait!" I whispered.

"What now?"

"How are you going to catch us if you can't see us?"

"Oh, right. Keep talking so I can find you."

"Um, okay. Are you sure this is safe? Sneaking out of Hogwarts and all?"

Zander's invisible hand lightly brushed my arm. I reached forward and grabbed it. He felt up my arm until he could feel the top of my head then lightly tapped it with his wand and whispered a spell. I felt a cool trickle go down my body as I became visible.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we could get killed."

"Maybe. Matt, where are you?"

"Right here."

Slowly Matt became visible as well. And then Zander made himself visible.

Without another word, Zander walked to the window and hoisted himself out. A few moments later we heard a gush of wind.