A Goodbye

At the part where she drops Zander's package start playing the song above and continue reading.

The semester was finally over! Christmas had come and we were all excited.

Zander and Matt were taking the train home. I, however, didn't need to because I lived right next door to Hogwarts in Hogsmeade.

Ah, home, it sounded so nice.

Zander had been planning his sister's gifts for a while and had paid a fifth year to buy him some candies at the candy shop in Hogsmeade. Matt, however, hadn't even thought about it and probably would not think about it until a few days before Christmas. I knew I didn't have to worry because Ashe and I had a long-standing tradition to go Christmas shopping the day school got out.

The time came for them to leave Hogwarts and go home. Ashe and I followed the other students down to the train station in Hogsmeade to say farewell to our friends.

"Well, see you in a month or so!" I said to Matt and Zander.

"Yea! Don't die while we're gone!" Matt said. Someone called him so he quickly gave me a side hug and rushed off.

"Here," Zander pushed a package into my hand, "Wait until Christmas to open it. Okay?"

I nodded. "Okay." I smiled and then handed him a present. "Same conditions."

He took it.

"Thank you."

"When you get back I want you to tell me all about your Christmas. I've never seen a muggle Christmas."

"Okay. Well, goodbye." Zander didn't look me, instead, he kept his eyes on the ground.

I hugged him. "Bye."

Before we pulled away Zander whispered, "And thank you."

I smiled and nodded.

He turned away and walked to the train. I watched as the train pulled away.

"Millie!" Panic was in Ashe's voice as she dashed up the slippery platform. "Millie come quick!"

"What?! What is it?!" I ran to her.

I didn't quite make out what she said as she dragged me through Hogsmeade towards the street we lived in.

I then realized I dropped Zander's package.

"Ashe, stop!" I pulled on her hand making her stop.

"Just c'mon!!" She continued to dash towards our house, dragging me.

When we got there a dismal sight greeted us.

Ash. Black, gray, and white ash were in the place of our house. Our home. Bits of it fluttered in the cold winter breeze.

We recognized a neighbor and quickly ran to her.

"What happened?" Ashe asked, turning to the smoldering building.

"We don't know. It was early this morning. Your house just suddenly burst into flames. We were barely able to stop it from burning the surrounding houses.

"Mummy and Daddy! What about them?" I asked.

She didn't answer, her eyes drifted to the burnt structure that had been my world.

I turned to the unrecognizable building in front of me and tears filled my eyes "No!" I fell to the ground, covered my face with my hands, and began to sob.

Ashe didn't make a sound. Just slowly walked to the edge of the ash.

Years in advance I wished she had knelt beside me and sobbed with me or maybe comforted me. I should have hugged her, stopped her from walking away. But I didn't. Which is something I still deeply regret.

I lifted my head, just in time to see her stop at the edge of the ash. As if startled by something she looked up. And a burst of purple magic smacked her in the chest.

"Ashe!"

I couldn't get to her fast enough.

She fell back, back, back.

The world faded as I reached and knelt beside her lifeless body.

"Ashe!" I screamed. "Ashe!" I clutched her clothes placing my head on her shoulder.

Someone I didn't know knelt on the other side of her and pulled out his wand. He tried a few different spells but they didn't work. He looked up at me and shook his head. Nothing could help her now.

I was too numb to cry. I was too numb to do anything.

They were gone. My home, Momma, Poppa, Ashe. Gone.

No! No! No! I screamed in my head, but then it faded into a constant They're gone. They're gone. They're gone.

"Look out Millie!" Someone screamed. Somebody else lept in front of me and used a shield charm. "There! Behind the pillar!" "They're gone! They apparated!"

I didn't even bat an eyelash.

Gone, gone, gone. They're dead. My family is dead.

This is the worst Christmas ever...

[E/N *Is Reading Beginning of Chapter* Alright, it's just a normal chapter- *Burning Home* Oh... WHY SHAKESPEARE WHYYYYYY]

A/n: Sorry ya'll but it's necessary to the storyline. *Cackles evilly.*