Prologue

Do you believe in ghosts? Do you believe in demons? Spirits and such? No? But do you believe in Superheroes? Do you believe in caped crusaders rushing in at the first sign of trouble? I didn't and I probably wouldn't ever. See I'm a realist, I don't look to "MetaHumans" in keeping our world safe, they just bring more death, corruption, and villainy with them, because of course, what kind of hero doesn't have a villain? And what kind of villain doesn't have its very heroic adversary? But would you ever know who really is the good and the bad? Or you just sit there judging as if you're the one calling the shots across the world. Maybe it's because you don't know their story, or maybe it's because you do and you just don't want to believe it? Well, it's high time you knew about the story of one of my closest friends, Jack, or yet better known to people today as, The Joker. Yes, its THE Joker, the one who threatens all of Gotham for a laugh, the iconic adversary of the Batman. But that's all that gets imprinted to the Brain, mistakes and bad decisions, people remember it more due to the fact that pain and sadness is always superior to happiness. And now, you're about to hear about the young man, who made laughter his medium of pain, and of course, the woman who laughed along with him.