Just getting started.

Hey! Sorry for not updating in a cupple days. I'm back now so enjoy my little peanuts.
_______________________________________

Dean woke up to screaming coming from the room next door. He groaned and sat up, checking the clock by his bed "three in the... God.." he sighed and rubbed his face.
It's been two weeks since cas moved in with them and two days since he started having nightmares..

Dean grunted as he got up and shuffled to the next room. He sat on the bed and pulled cas into his arms, rubbing his back as he cried into Deans chest. "Shh... You're okay.. you're safe.. everything's fine.." cas just cried harder.

Dean kissed the top of his head and started humming softly in cas' ear.

Hey Jude.

The song his mother always sang to him instead of traditional lullabies.

Dean's humming soon turned to singing and he was now singing softly in cas' ear, rubbing his back as he slowly calmed down.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better
And anytime you feel the pain,

hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah.."

Dean's voice slowly faded out until the only sound in the room was cas sniffing and hiccuping quietly.

Dean placed one more kiss on the younger males head before slowly getting up and turning to leave.

".. Dean?"

Dean frowned and turned around "yes?" He sighed. He was so tired.. he just wanted to go back to him bed and sleep..

"Can I sleep with you..?"

Dean's face sofened, he gave a small smile and nodded
"Yeah, come on." He said, holding out his hand to lead cas to his room.

Cas carefully got out and took deans hand, walking to the room next door and watching as dean laid down and got under the blankets. Waiting for dean to invite him over cause he wasn't sure what to do at this point.

"C'mere" dean murmured tiredly.

Cas nodded a little and got in bed with him, pulling the blanket up to his chin.

There were a few minutes of silence where cas thought dean was asleep until he felt strong arms wrap around his waist and pulled him against Deans chest.

"You are so amazing cas.. I'm sorry you don't see it.. I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. I wish I got here earlier so I could've helped you sooner.. I really care about you cas, I know you don't believe me but I really do.. I hope one day you'll believe me.." Dean whispered, his lips next to cas' ear.
"I'll always be here if you need me.. I'll always listen if you need someone to talk to.." he sighed and pressed a kiss to the boys head "goodnight cas.."

Dean thought he was asleep.

Cas heard every word.

Every.
Single.
Word..

He held back tears, not wanting dean to know he was awake. He squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lip, his heart beating wildly in his chest because dean was so close.

He couldn't possibly mean those words.

Dean would leave. Like everyone else.

One day he'd realize cas wasn't good enough and he'd leave..

Cas slept in Dean's room from that night on and didn't have a single nightmare since.
_______________________________________

I'm sorry. This sucks.
Writer's block is a bitch.