Second Attempt

A/N neeeeext chapter enjoy.
_______________________________________

Throughout the rest of the day Dean continued to try and talk to cas but he was ignored up until last period.

"Cas cas cas cas please talk to me cas Castiel" Dean pleaded, leaning over in his seat to be closer to cas

"Would you please shut up!" Cas snapped, making sure to be quiet so he didn't get the teachers attention.

"Not until you tell me what's bothering you" Dean huffed.

Cas glared at him. "why do you care?"

"What do you mean why do I care? I care because I thought we were becoming friends and now you suddenly don't want to talk to me." Dean glared back.

"I don't have friends. I don't talk to anyone. I don't know why I even talked to you for as long as I did." Cas huffed, turing to look at the front of the room.

"You talked to me for like, fifteen minutes."

"Fifteen minutes too long" cas muttered.

"Okay what is your problem? You were fine with me talking to you this morning and now you're all snappy and don't want anything to do with me! Whats the deal?"

Cas sighed and ignored him again.

"Oh wow. Back to ignoring me. Okay. Fine. Whatever." Dean huffed and looked at the front of the room, muttering things under his breath.
_______________________________________

Most of the time cas was at home he was pacing his room and thinking about Dean.

Why did he care?

Why was he insistant on talking to him?

Why did he ask so many damn questions?

After more than two hours cas pulled his phone out and texted Dean

Hey, it's cas. Meet me at the park in 10.

Cas hit send and quickly got dressed, heading down to the park. His phone buzzed half way there and he pulled it out to make sure it wasn't from Gabe or his dad. It was from Dean.

K on my way.

Cas sat on the nearest bench and waited. Pretty soon Dean came over and sat next to him.

"What is this about?" He asked, he sounded a little annoyed but also curious and maybe a little worried..

"I just figured I owed you an explanation.." cas shrugged, glancing up at Dean before looking down at his hands.

"Yeah, you do." Dean agreed, watching him carefully.

Cas shifted uncomfortably and tugged on his sleeves so they covered his hands. "So what do you wanna know?"

"Why you don't want to talk to me all the sudden." Dean said, looking over at him. There was a slight hint of hurt in his voice.

"...it's just.. last time someone tried to be friends with me they ended up getting hurt or hurting me in some way and I was just trying to protect you or myself.. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me.. also people don't like me. It's a fact." Cas shrugged "ask anyone"

"I have asked people and no one knows anything about you except your name." Dean sighed, running a hand through his hair "why won't you just let me get to know you a little and decide wheather or not I like you. Okay?"

Cas bit his lip, toying with the end of his sleeves "...okay.. sure." He nodded and looked up at Dean. Getting lost in his green eyes for who knows how long. He just couldn't bring himself to look away.

And then his phone buzzed, making both of them jump and look away. Neither one of them noticing the blush on the others cheeks.

Cas fumbled for his phone and checked his messages, Freezing when he saw it was from his father. "..i-i have to go.." he stammered, shoving his phone back in his pocket and standing up.

"What? Okay well.. are we still on for tomorrow?" Dean asked, standing up and following him.

Cas nodded, quickening his pace. "Yeah i-ill text you."

Dean nodded and turned around, heading to his car.
_______________________________________

Cas walked inside quetly and looked around, hoping against hope that his dad was asleep or in his room or gone drinking.

He tiptoed across the living room, towards the stairs and started going up when he heard his dad clear his throat. He cringed and slowly turned around.

His father was standing by the kitchen, beer in hand and swaying slightly where he stood. "What tha hell you think yer doin' out s'late?" He slurred, glaring at cas as he stumbled towards him.

Shit.
_______________________________________

Another chapter compleeeete! Wow I'm tired..