Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Amethyst’s P.O.V

“Well, you see” I said nervously “when a man and a woman umm…like each other…or are just attracted to each other…or they just want a night of fun…there are times when…umm…unexpected things happen.” I said as Liam and Josh stared at me with confused looks.

Today was the day I was going to tell them about my pregnancy. Sure, they might lose it. Yes, there is a possibility they will kill Adam. And okay, their reaction might make me cry, but it had to be done.

It has been two days since I told Adam about my pregnancy and today I realized it was time for two very important people in my life find out.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with Adam explaining to him a she-wolf’s pregnancy and how it is different it is from a human’s. Then, we spent the rest of the day getting to know each other. I mean, if we’re going to raise Munchkin together, then she would at least get to know each other a little better.

“And…umm…those consequences aren’t always bad, you know?”  I kept saying. Thankfully, Jenna and Amy agreed to help me out. Jenna was sitting on Liam’s lap. In case he got angry, his she could help him calm down. Amy was sitting close to Josh so she could restrain him if she had to. Normally, I wouldn’t ask for help. I am a proud woman and I would rather take them on, on my own if I had to. But I had to think about my baby. I couldn’t risk losing my Munchkin over my pride, I’d never forgive myself.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Josh asked.

The moment of truth. Should I be blunt, or I should I gently lead them to the reason I asked for a meeting.

Closing my eyes, I went for it. “I’m pregnant.” I said. Okay, blunt it is

After a minute of silence, I opened my eyes. Liam and Josh were frozen. I didn’t even think they were breathing.

“What do you mean you’re pregnant?” Liam asked slowly. Jenna wrapped her arm around his shoulders, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“I mean, I have a bun in my oven. I am knocked up. A baby will pop out of me in a few months. How more specific do you want me to be?”

Liam looked at me for a minute. “How could you be so stupid?!?” he finally snapped.

“I-“

“Do you know how dangerous it is to be pregnant right now” he kept going. “Do you not realize that rogues and Hunters are planning to attack?”

“Look, I-“

“Did you do this for revenge? To get back at Lucas?” he asked angrily.

 Before I could open my mouth, he picked up Jenna and set her on the seat next to him.
Then, he got up and made his way to me. I have to admit I was scared. If Jenna can’t distract him or calm him down, what chance did I have?

“Liam, calm down.” I said in a soothing voice.

 Liam suddenly grabbed me by the neck and pushed me against the wall.

“You are stupid, Amethyst. So very, very stupid.” I saw Amy, Josh, and Jenna get up to help me when Liam suddenly turned towards them. “Stay back and don’t talk.” He said in his Alpha voice. Now I was freaking out. They wouldn’t be able to defy him even if they tried.

Give me control, Ash suddenly told me. Without hesitating, I let her take control of my body.

I watched as Ash suddenly drove her fist into the Alpha’s face. Shocked, he let go of me and cradled his now broken jaw.

When he finally looked at me, his eyes were black and that was enough to let me know his Wolf was in control.

“How dare you disrespect me?” he snarled.

“I’m sorry Alpha, but I will not let you hurt my human or my pup.” Ash said. I could feel her trying to contain her fury, but it was hard. To her, Liam was a danger to our baby. “I respect you, but my pup comes before anything else and I will kill you before I ever let you hurt him or her.” She practically sneered. “Friend or not, I will happily rip out your throat if you ever put your hands on me like that again. Do you understand?”

With a small glare, Liam nodded. Alphas were dangerous, but pregnant she-wolves were terrifying. They had no limits as to what they would do to protect their pups. And then there was me, who had years of anger, bitterness, and pain to use to my advantage.

“Good.” Ash said with a fake smile before giving me back control. As soon as I gained control, I glared at him and stalked out of the room.

“Mysty, wait!” I heard Josh shout.

“What?” I sneered. “Are you going to try to attack me too?”

“Of course not.” He said, looking horrified. “Look, I’m sorry I couldn’t help you when Liam attacked. I wish I could’ve stopped him, but I couldn’t ignore his command.” Looking at his sad eyes, I couldn’t help but walk over to him and hug him.

“It’s okay. I know you would’ve helped me if you could.” I paused. “Are you-Are you mad that I’m…you know, pregnant?” I asked him hesitantly. It was bad enough that the guy I considered a brother hates me for it. I don’t really know what I would do if Josh felt the same.

“Of course not.” He said. “I mean, I didn’t expect it, but you have my full support.”

“Thanks Josh” I whispered as I hugged him again.

As I stood there hugging Josh,  one thought came to my mind.

If Liam reacted this badly, how would Lucas and Katie react?

*****

I wanted to make Liam’s and Josh’s reactions realistic. I mean, what brother would be happy to find out his younger, underage sister is pregnant?  Also, when something like this happens, there is bound to be at least one person who gets upset or isn’t happy.

What do you guys think? Good or bad chapter? How were their reactions?

Please comment/Vote!!

P.S. Fun fact! (Well, Fun-ISH fact): I was originally going to have Amethyst be pregnant with Josh’s baby, but that wouldn’t have caused as much drama or problems as her having a baby with Adam!:)

Until next time!!