Chapter 10

~Chapter 10~

Amethyst P.O.V

I woke up feeling better than I have in a long time. When I opened my eyes, I panicked. I hadn’t been sleeping in a comfortable bed since my dad died. My old pack thought a small cot was all I needed to sleep comfortably. It had always caused me back problems, but I knew better than to complain. The ‘bed’ the Hunters had given was worse. They had only given me 3 blankets; two were to use as a bed, and the third one I used to protect myself from the cold, though it never really helped.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. I froze and started to panic. Would they hurt me, torture me? Would they take me back to my old pack? Or would they just kill me, wanting to get rid of me as soon as possible?

I prayed to the Goddess, hoping it was the third one, death would be better than the other options.

When I saw two guys and a girl enter the room, I frowned. They looked familiar but I couldn’t place them. All I remember was talking to three vague figures then passing out from the pain.

“Hi” the young girl said ”my name is Jenna, what’s yours?”  

I remained silent, not wanting anything to make them angry. I couldn’t help but notice how pretty Jenna was with her long blonde hair, and caramel colored eyes. She looked a little like Katie, but she looked more innocent, with her eyes full of warmth and compassion.

“This is my mate Liam” she gestured to the Alpha who had a blank face, until it softened to smile at the beauty next to him. I felt an aching in my heart when I saw the love in his eyes. Why couldn’t my mate have been like him? I quickly shook my head, not wanting to think about the b*stard. Instead I focused on the Alpha. With his black hair, and deep brown eyes, he looked like the perfect match for Jenna. They looked great together.

“Hi, I’m Josh” the Beta replied. He was handsome with his chocolate-brown hair and sky blue eyes. The smirk in his eyes as I studied him told me all I need to know. He was a player. I have seen enough of them in my life to be able to spot them a mile away.

I just stared at three strangers who stared at me. I wanted to smile or nod, but I couldn’t. I have kept a blank look in my face for so long that I doubted I would ever be able to show my emotions again.

I saw them shift slightly, feeling unnerved by the blank look in my face.

“My name is Amethyst” I replied, my voice as emotionless as my face. I saw Jenna shiver when she heard my voice. I guess she had never met someone who felt dead inside.

“Can you please tell us about yourself? Do you have a place to live? Is there anyone we can contact about your whereabouts?” Alpha Liam asked, getting straight to the point of their visit.

On the inside I panicked. I was sure that if I went back ‘home’ my Alpha and ‘mate’ would give me back to the Hunters. I couldn’t let that happen.

As I internally fought about what to say to them, I knew my cold mask never wavered. After Goddess knows how long with the Hunters, I now had it perfected. That reminds me..