Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Amethyst’s P.O.V

Adam has been ignoring me for the past two weeks. If that wasn’t bad enough, he is constantly with Katie. Every time I see them I want to wipe the smug look off her face. No matter how many times I try to talk to him, he always manages to avoid me.

Things aren’t much better at home. The Crimson Blood pack is constantly trying to talk to me. They will casually walk up to me and start giving me compliments. Well, what they consider compliments. To me ‘I’m so glad you finally learned how to comb your hair, it actually looks nice now!’ isn’t really flattering. Then again, they are complete idiots…

Even my stepmom tried to get close to me. She actually ran up to me and hugged me. If that wasn’t bad enough, she began to sob all over me, stating that she missed me. I was freaking out so I did what any reasonable person would do. I pushed her off me and told her to stay the f*ck off. Okay, so maybe someone reasonable wouldn’t do that, but it felt good doing it. The surprised, hurt look she had afterwards  made me want to punch her, but I didn’t really want to get in a fight with Amy’s mother-in-law.

Lucas is something else altogether. He keeps sending me flowers and chocolates. Of course, the flowers end up ripped into a million little pieces before being thrown out. And according to Amy and Jenna, the chocolates are good, not that I’ll eat any. My pride won’t let me. At least he hasn’t tried to talk to me, though a small part of me feels a little disappointed because of that.

“Myst! Can you please stop spacing out?” Josh’s voice quickly brought me back to reality.

“Sorry, I was just thinking.”  I said sheepishly.

I was currently in a meeting with Liam, Josh, Alpha Hale (Lucas’ dad), Lucas, Aiden (him being Beta and all), and Noah (the third-in-command).

We were discussing possible solutions for the rogue and Hunter problem, but so far nobody knew what to do.

“Wait, didn’t you guys have an alliance with the Hunters?” I asked, trying to hide my bitterness. After all, wasn’t that the reason they gave me away?

Liam and Josh stiffened while the members of the other Pack flinched and looked away. Well, all except Alpha Hale who suddenly glared at me.

“We did until some b*tch decided her life was worth more than her Pack” he sneered at me.

I heard Josh, Liam, Aiden, and Lucas growl while I just smirked at him.

“Well, to be fair, a skunk’s life is worth than this pathetic Pack.” This time he, along with Aiden,  Noah and Lucas growled.

“You little b*tch. How dare you-”

“I find it sad how little you care about your pack.” I interrupted him. “I mean, any other Pack would be treating me and my Pack like royalty for our help, but you do the opposit6e. You are doing all you can to drive us away, which in the end will only hurt your pathetic, weak, good for nothing, Pack.”