Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Amethyst’s P.O.V

I woke to a pounding on my door.

“Who is it?” I called out, not wanting to get up.

“It’s me, Myst. Can you open the door, please?” Jenna’s annoyed answered me.

“Fine” I grumbled getting up from the comfy bed and making my way to the door. There, standing in front of me an impatient Jenna and an amused Amy. Jenna had her arms full of clothing while Amy was holding a lot of different shoes.

“What are you doing?” I asked them suspiciously.

“Tonight Liam is going to introduce us to the Pack and you need to look your best. I want them to regret ever hurting you. Besides, it’d be fun to see your Mate’s reaction when he sees you” Amy answered, a mischievous look in her eyes. Though she tried her best to hide it, I could see a glint of pain. I don’t know what is hurting her so much, but I am going to find.

“Look guys,” I answered quickly “I appreciate this – I really do- but I’m not going to dress up for them.” I said as gently as possible, not wanting to hurt their feelings “If I dress up they’re going to think their opinions still matter to me, which they don’t. I am going to wear whatever I want, and if they don’t like it too bad. Besides, you guys know I don’t need fancy clothes to make an impression.” I replied with a small smirk on my face.

The crestfallen look in Jenna’s eyes made me want to take back what I said, but I couldn’t. I wasn’t going to let my old Pack dictate my life anymore, even if it was just something as small as what I wear. They meant absolutely nothing to me, and their opinions were worth sh*t to me.  

“Okay” Jenna answered, pouting “but at least help us get ready. As Luna, I have to look my best, and I want Liam to be proud. Besides, a saw a few skanks eyeing my man and there is NO way I’m just going to sit there and let them.”

I chuckled “ Please, Jenna. Those sl*ts have nothing on you, and Liam is always proud of you. Burt if you want me to help you get ready, I will.”

 Jenna squealed before dropping all the clothes she had in my bed “Wait right here” she said “I still have a few outfits I’m not sure about” With that, she ran out of the room, practically glowing with excitement.

As soon as she left, I turned towards Amy “What’s wrong?” I asked her

“What do you mean? There is absolutely nothing wrong. Everything is great” she answered, looking anywhere but my eyes.

“Look, Amy, you are one of my best friends, and I care about you. You have always been there for me and I want to do the same for you. I want to know what is causing you pain because even though you try to hide it, I can still see it. So you better tell me now because you know I will find out.”

She suddenly sighed before letting out a chocked sob. “I-I found my Mate” she said, tears running down her cheeks.