Chapter 17

~Chapter 17~

Amethyst P.O.V

I quickly sat down next to Josh, shooting Liam an apologetic look.

“Glad you could join us, Myst” Liam said sarcastically “but next time try being on time.”

“Sorry, Alpha”

I said while looking down; it was a sign of disrespect to look at an Alpha in the eye unless you were his Mate or family.

I heard him sigh before starting the meeting. The only ones in here were Liam, Jenna, Josh, and I. Since Amy wasn’t Beta, Luna or Third- in –Command, she wasn’t allowed to be here.

“I have reviewed the documents Amethyst has obtained, and it’s not good.” Liam said looking stressed.

“What is it?” Jenna asked, her sweet voice bringing a small smile to Liam’s face.

“The Hunters have a lot of information about us.” Liam said, sounding grave.

“You mean, our Pack?” Josh asked, sounding confused.

“No well.. yeah. But I meant they have a lot of information about different Packs.”

He took out a printed map and showed it to us. “You see this?” he pointed to the colorful map that had arrows, stars, highlighted areas, all over it “this map is a map isn’t an ordinary map of the U.S. It is divided into the each Pack’s territory. The strange thing is that it is pretty accurate. It shows almost the exact amount of territory each Pack shows. Each star here represents how strong each territory is. One star means its weak, five stars means it is pretty strong. The arrows represent which part of each territory is safest to attack. The more arrows a territory has, the more weak spots it has. Now, most territories are highlighted. All the territories highlighted with the same color are the ones who have alliances. For example, our pack, the Nightingale Pack, and the Dark Moon Pack are all highlighted green since we have an alliance with them.”

Liam then took out several documents stapled together. “Now this, is a list of all the Packs. Underneath each Pack’s name is the name of the Alpha, Luna, Beta, and Third-in-Command. It also states whether they are mated, have children, how long they’ve had their position, and how strong they are. All this information is pretty accurate so we have to find out how they are getting it.”   

Liam let out a tired sigh and I realized how stressed he truly was. He had bags under his eyes, his clothes were rumpled, and he looked as if he hadn’t eaten in days. I was worried about him. While Josh was my male best-friend, Liam was like the overprotective brother I always craved. He was always helping me out and I wanted to do the same for him.

“Tell us what we have to do, Alpha,” I said, my voice full of determination.

“I have called all of the Packs and told them what we found. I sent out the pictures and documents to them and they have decided to add security and add guards. Some of the smaller Packs have even decided to join together to better protect themselves.”

I smiled at Liam. Even though he only had an alliance with a few of the Packs, he wanted to help them all. He was very selfless.

“Then, what’s the problem?” I asked when I saw his frown.

“There’s one Pack that doesn’t have any allies that are willing to join them. They are weak and are the most likely to be attacked. We have to join them. They need our help.”

“Okay, then what’s the problem?” I asked when I saw his guilty look.

 “It’s the Crimson Blood Pack.”

*******

I hope you liked it:)

P.S. Crimson Blood Pack is her old Pack