Chapter 7

~Chapter 7~

Katie's P.OV

I watched as the Hunters dragged her away. I felt a twinge of guilt when I saw the pain in her eyes, but it was quickly replaced by anger.

Why should I be the one to feel guilt? She's the one who lied. I am sure of it.

What I never told Amethyst is that I have always loved Lucas. He was handsome, smart, funny, kind, and powerful. What is there not to love?

At first I didn't think he would look at me twice. Why would he when I am looked at as nothing more than the freaks best friend? I know it's wrong, but lately I have felt resentful towards her. Why shouldn't I, when all she does is hold me back?

Everything changed two months ago.

Lucas approached me and asked me out on a date. At first I was reluctant. What if it was just some sick joke? When he kept insisting, I agreed to the date. It was one of the best days of my life.

I remember the smiles, the compliments, and the kiss. Oh, God, the kiss! I've only been kissed a few times, but I knew it was the best kiss I would ever receive. When Amethyst told me he was her mate, I was jealous.

How could a nobody like her have such an amazing mate?

Then I remember what he told me when I confronted him.

*****

Flashback:

I ran towards Lucas' locker with tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Is it true?" I asked him.

"Is what true?"

"Is it true that Amethyst is your mate and that you rejected her?"

"What? Of course not! She's probably just looking for attention." He replied, his eyes filled with anger.

"But...she's not like that...is she?" I asked, uncertain.

"Sweetheart," he replied, hugging me "you know how some girls are. They just want my power and popularity. They are nothing but liars." Then, he kissed me on the forehead.

I was sure Amethyst wasn't like that but...what if I'm wrong? Am I willing to risk an amazing relationship just for a girl who is desperate for popularity?

The more I thought about it, the more I realized Lucas was right.

"Sweetie, do you believe me?" Lucas asked me.

"Of course I do. You're right, Amethyst is nothing but a liar. She deserves all the abuse she receives from everyone else."

"I'm glad you agree" Lucas replied, "If she spreads this rumor about us being mates, will help me?"

"Of course, what do you need me to do" I asked as I looked at him with love-struck eyes.

"Can you tell them that she told you that she was going to lie about us being mates?" he asked "I don't want people to think that I rejected her or that I'm not fit to be Alpha."

"Of course, you know I would do anything for you. I love you"

"I love you too, Kitten."

END OF FLASHBACK

*****

"Kitten, are you okay?" I heard Lucas ask me.

"I'm fine. I'm just thinking about school. Nothing to worry about" I smiled at him to make him believe me.

"If you say so" he replied before hugging me and pecking me on the lips. "D you want to come over and watch a movie later?"

"Sure, sounds like fun."

Together Lucas, and I walked toward his car, never turning back. Hopefully we would never see that lying, conniving, sl*t again.

I hope she gets everything she deserves, I thought before pulling Lucas closer to me.

I can finally be happy with the man I love.

~~~~

Here is Katie's P.O.V- hope you can better understand her motivesJ

Thank you for reading.