Chapter 18

~Chapter 18~

Amethyst’s P.O.V

As soon as I heard the name of my old pack I froze. I was suddenly overwhelmed with different emotions.

I felt angry, hurt, betrayed, and longing. The last one was my wolf’s. She wanted to go to her Mate, and it pissed me off. I loved her. Honestly, I did, but sometimes I wanted to punch her. She knew all the pain I went through and she still wanted to go back. I understand that she wants her Mate. I’m not stupid; I know how much she yearns for her him. They were connected and she would always love him, but I didn’t feel the same way. I hated him. He has caused me nothing but pain and I never wanted to see him again.

I wasn’t sure how I felt about his wolf, though. He was meant to be with Ash, my wolf, and I was sure he loved me since I was his Mate, but he did nothing to help me. I’m sure he tried, but he didn’t try hard enough. If he wanted, he could have taken over Lucas’ body. When angry enough, wolves can take over and make their humans do anything they want. Since Lucas’s wolf is an Alpha, he would definitely be strong enough to do it, but he didn’t. He just stayed in Lucas’ head and watched the whole thing happen. To me, he is just as bad as Lucas. I don’t think I could ever forgive either of them.

“Amethyst? Amethyst!” Suddenly, Jenna’s voice registered in my mind.

“Wh-What?” I quickly shook myself out of my thoughts; I didn’t want to worry Jenna.

“If you want, you can stay here.” Liam offered with a guilty look.

“It’s fine, I swear” I responded with a wobbly smile, “I’m going to have to confront them sooner or later. It just happened sooner than I expected.”

“Amethyst, you’re a strong girl. I know you hate them, but try to behave. Pretend they are any other Pack and treat them as such. I know how hard this is for you, but-” For some reason, Liam’s words made me angry.

“Look, Liam, I appreciate the support, but you don’t know how hard this is for me. You can never imagine how painful this is for me so please spare me the speech about how strong I am and how I should pretend like nothing happened. I won’t make a scene or confront those a**holes, if that’s what you want. I know how much you would hate for me to ruin your precious reputation. So don’t worry, I’ll be a good little girl and smile at all the bastards who hurt me.” I was surprised at the amount of venom in my voice, and judging by Liam’s hurt look and Jenna’s shocked face so were they.

I quickly stormed out of the room. If I stay there any longer, I’ll probably say or do something I’ll regret later.  

I love Liam; he is the brother I always wanted. He is protective, caring, and generous. He always does all he can to make me happy. He is everything I always wanted Aiden (her step-brother) to be. The only bad thing was that he cared about the Pack’s reputation a little too much. Our Pack has gotten stronger over the last few years. We are now one of the top three strongest Pack’s in the world, and we all loved it. I loved knowing how strong and feared we were.  Before coming here, power was something I always lacked. I was at the bottom of the food chain, but now I’m near the top. And I loved it. The only downside was that Liam always worried about what other Packs thought about us. He wants other Packs to see us as very powerful, respectful, and overall, perfect. He wanted his future pups to be raised in a respected Pack. I understood him, I really did, but sometimes it was hard. He always wanted us to make a great first impression and forced us to wear what he deemed appropriate Since he’s the Alpha, we have to listen to him.