Chapter 16 - A Chance at a Fresh Start

A/N to start off > I just want to say thank you for taking the time to read this story! It warms my heart to know you guys actually like this story so much that it's now #1 in rescueriders and httydau!

Also, feel free to comment if you'd like a sequel!

FYI; this chapter till the end will be present day. The last 15 chapters were describing events that happened in the past, if that makes sense.

(Present day - Berserker Cay)

Rajiv paces back and forth out of worry and fear. He doesn't want to lose Heather, for she is the love of his life and hopes for their future to be bright and happy. Oh how his wife wishes he was right. Turns out, though their lives would be put in jeopardy.

Right now he's strolling up the path in their village, to the mid-sized two story Viking hut. He pushes open the door with his muscular body and slowly walks inside.

"Heather? Dear?" he calls out.

No response. That's odd, she usually answers me. Rajiv keeps walking around their hut, spotting the stairs from the corner of his eyes. He darts up the stairs at a fast pace and kicks open their bedroom door.

"Heather!" he shouts as his eyes catch his wife's unconscious body.

Rajiv races to her downed limp form and gently places her head on his lap when he sits down. He plants a light kiss on her cheek as her emerald gaze meets his in a heartbeat.

"Raj? What happened?" she mumbles and sits up, still leaning against Rajiv.

"I came up here to find you unconscious. Why were you passed out even?" he asks her.

"It's just the baby." Heather answers. "That's all. It's not like Windshear just up and left me for some random male Razorwhip and have babies with him."

"Touché. Considering that's what happens on Snoggletog." Rajiv smirks.

"Yeah, well; you're one to talk. You don't even have a dragon." Heather fires back with a smirk of her own.

Rajiv rolls his eyes and tosses a soft glare at her. "Be lucky I love you otherwise I'd murder you for that comment." he snaps.

Heather laughs lightly and presses her lips to his cheek. "Does that make you feel better?" she whispers.

(Hidden World)

Astrid smiles as Leyla and Dak land on the cliff beside her. She watches the twins pat their beloved dragons on the head before the Swiftwing and Fastfin jump to the skies.

"This place never gets old. It's always going to be cool!" Dak states.

Leyla grins. "Agreed! If Luna hadn't suggest this place, I don't know what we would've done." she says. "I mean, dragons rely on fish for survival. Without that, they'll die of starvation."

"Let's be glad we're here." Astrid tells them and leans her body backwards so her legs are dangling over the edge of the cliff.

"I already am." Leyla comments then sighs as she runs her hand along the dirt.

"What's wrong?" Astrid asks her.