Chapter 3 - Huttsgalor |Part Two|

"Fury you say? Are you related to Aggro?" Cutter asked Luna.

"Not even one bit." Luna growled at him. "Look, not much might be known about my kind but I can tell you this, little dragon, I am, in no way, related to that piece of fire!" Luna roared.

"Hey! Luna, calm down!" Astrid yelled.

"Hey! Who you calling little!" Aggro fired back.

"Not you, Aggro. Luna's just hesitant towards other dragons." Stormfly stated, glancing back at her dragon friend, who just huffed.

"She's hesitant towards other dragons?" Leyla asked. "That makes sense why she acted the way she did." she added.

Luna whipped her head around, staring at the girl as did Stormfly.

"You can understand us?!" they shouted in unison, shocked.

Leyla nodded her head. "Yeah. Dak and I both can. Winger's mom taught us dragonese." she admitted.

"Is it easy to learn?" Astrid asked her.

"No. It's not." Dak said. "For starters, you have to be cool." he added, throwing his fists to his sides like a superhero pose only to fall backwards off of Winger.

Winger face-pawed. "You don't need to be cool to learn our language, you just have to be calm and patient. It takes time to learn." Winger rambled on for a minute.

Leyla and Dak tossed him a look.

"You do realize, Astrid can't understand you." Leyla noted.

"Oh, right. Heh." Winger sheepishly looked away.

"What'd he say?" Astrid asked her.

"Oh he said..." Leyla got cut off by Dak.

"He said you are awesome?" Dak questioned.

He knew fully well what his dragon said and the glare from Leyla didn't help his case at all.

"He said time and patience is all you need to learn their language." Leyla told her.

Astrid blinked. "Really?" she asked.

She was shocked. Was that really what it took to learn the dragon language? She had many questions running a marathon in her mind as Luna and Stormfly nudged her.

"Why don't you come back to Huttsgalor with us?" Dak asked Astrid.

"We could use all your dragon knowledge about outside dragons." Leyla pointed out.

"Sure. Why not." Astrid replied.

Leyla smiled as she jumped up onto the saddle on Summer's back. Dak did the same as her; jumping onto Winger's saddle.

"Hey...Winger?" Luna asked him.

"Yeah?" he questioned. "What's up?" he added.

Luna smirked and pointed to the sky with her tail which had two white tail fins that helped her maneuver through the sky. "Shall we see who is the fastest?" she smiled a toothless-like smile.

"Heck yeah! Dak, do you mind waiting with Astrid on Stormfly while I race Luna?" Winger asked his rider.

Dak sighed heavily as he slid off the saddle and walked up to the bigger Nadder. Astrid sat firmly in Stormfly's saddle as she held out a hand before Luna dashed over to them, scooping her head underneath Dak's legs to lift up onto the Nadder.

He sat in front of Astrid and cheered loudly. "Go Wing!" he shouted.

"Ready? Three! Two! One! Go!" Leyla shouted and all dragons shot up to the sky.

Luna and Winger were side by side, that is until Luna did her signature trick. Within a matter of seconds Winger was the only dragon flying and he felt good, like he was winning this race.

"Boo." Luna said, reappearing out of nowhere in front of Winger.

She zoomed ahead at a speed that not even the other dragons knew she could muster. Luna slowed down her speed before she tumbled down a hill, landing right in the middle of the town.

Winger landed beside her, as did Aggro, Cutter, Burple, Summer. Stormfly hovered as Astrid and Dak jumped off her back, both landing on their feet. The Nadder hovered over the Light Fury and lifted her up so she could stand on all four paws.

"Thanks, Storm." Luna thanked her.

"Anytime, Lulu." Stormfly smirked as Luna groaned but smiled afterwards.

"What is the meaning of this! What are those monstrosities!" a voice yelled.

A brown haired, emerald eyed man came into view of Astrid and the others. The blonde rider squinted her ocean blue eyes. He looked like Hiccup but he didn't at the same time, she frowned. She knew he was still on Berk and she hadn't seen him leave.

"Magnus. I've told you before, the Rescue Riders are helping the town! Even Elbone." a red bearded man with chocolate colored eyes said, pointing to the man holding a rock like it's his child.

"C'mon Rocky, I'm going to make some food for us!" Elbone shouted and ran off to his house boat.

Magnus mumbled things incoherently and stormed off to his house on the other side of the island —much like Mildew from Berk. The bearded man turned towards the Rescue Riders with a smile on his face.

"Aye, Rescue Riders. Who's dis?" he pointed to Astrid and the two dragons behind her.

"Oh, Chief Duggard. This is Astrid and her two dragons; Stormfly," Leyla gestured to the blonde then to the big Nadder, "and Luna." she placed a hand on the Light Fury's side.

"Hmm, nice to meet you!" Duggard shouted.

He engulfed Astrid into a bear hug and to her, it made her remember Stoick's bear hugs. "You as well." she said.

"So, can she stay? She's a dragon rider like us!" Dak pleaded.

"Oh, alright. But you have to stay with the Rescue Riders for now, okay?" Duggard told Astrid.

She nodded. "Okay, thank you Chief Duggard." she thanked him.

"Just keep your dragons away from Magnus. He don't take well to these graceful beasts." Duggard commented.

"Trust me, I will." Astrid responded. "He sounds a lot like someone from my old village." she whispered softly.

"Yeah, Mildew. That son of a half troll, rat-eating, munge bucket!" Luna growled loudly.

"Luna...where did you learn that?" Winger asked the Fury.

"Oh, just something I heard Astrid telling Stormfly about. It's a good phrase!" Luna smiled.

"I don't know who should be more scared, the fact that Astrid even knows that phrase or the fact her dragon is repeating it." Leyla stated.

"What phrase?" Astrid asked her.

Luna padded over to her and used her claws to write what she said in the dirt. The minute she did that, Astrid glared at her. "Of course I know that phrase! I created it when I was mad at Hiccup for getting to kill the dragon!" she shouted.