Chapter 8 - Plasma and Vanish |Part One|

(Unknown years ago)

"Plasma, look!" a white night fury—specifically a Light Fury—shouted as two baby hatchlings rested at her side.

They were eggs just yesterday and the newborn hatchlings immediately took a liking to their mother.

"Here's some more fish for you, Vanish." a Night Fury told her as he walked into the den.

The baby Night Fury stood up on shaky paws and ran towards his father. "He likes you already!" Vanish laughed.

"That he does." Plasma stated.

Their son ran back to Vanish's side as their daughter stayed fast asleep. "They need names..." Vanish trailed off.

The Night Fury went to open his mouth; but only a gummy mouth snatched a bite of the fish. He whined; he just wanted food.

"Toothless." Plasma chortled. "That's his name." he added.

"I love it." Vanish replied, laughing slightly at her son's behavior.

She used one of her claws to slice some of the fish into tiny bite-sized pieces and pushed them towards Toothless.

"Now she just needs a name." Vanish gestured with her head to the sleeping Light Fury hatchling.

The Light Fury stirred awake as she stretched her tiny body, and her big blue eyes staring at her parents. It was getting to be nighttime and the moon was shining it's bright body on the Fury family.

"Luna." Vanish blurted out.

"Luna?" Plasma questioned. "What?" he asked.

Vanish whacked her mate with her sleek white tail as she rolled her emerald eyes. "It means moon, it's a perfect name for her!" she shouted, happily.

"Her? Oh! Yeah, yeah. It's a great name for her." Plasma stated.

(The next morning)

Plasma and Vanish prodded out of their den they called home with one child on both backs. She had Toothless while he had Luna. It was a fair compromise. They stopped walking once they got to the big rock, overlooking the entire dragon kingdom—the Hidden World.

"Dragons, we are here to introduce two very special dragons to this kingdom. May I present, for the first time, Princess Luna and Prince Toothless, your new heirs to the Hidden World!" Plasma shouted.

Vanish kept a smile on her face as Plasma took Toothless off her back and sat the Night Fury down beside his twin; who Vanish took off Plasma's back.

Needless to say, the dragons were pleased to have new heirs....if only they knew the two heirs would never return.

(Several years later)

Toothless grew up to be a protective friend, often protective over the dragon friends he had made during his time of serving the Red Death. He didn't think she knew what his occupation was or who his parents were because he sure as hell didn't. His parents, sacrificed their lives to protect him and his twin sister from death when Grimmel came and wiped out every Fury. He was barely able to escape, and he wasn't sure if Luna ever did. Last he saw her, she was trapped in a fire; unable to get out.

"What are you doing?" he looked up and rolled his eyes.

His good friend, Stormfly, a blue and yellow Deadly Nadder, sat on her hunches beside him.

"All this time, we've been serving the Red Death and what do we get out of it; nothing!" Toothless complained.

"Toothy, we can't do anything. She's a Queen, our Queen. We can't just defy her." Stormfly stated.

"Yeah, I know." Toothless said.

"Thinking about your sister?" Stormfly asked as Toothless nodded his head lightly.

"Yeah, I just can't help but think she's out there somewhere. If she even survived the fire that is." he admitted.

Stormfly hummed. "Well, hopefully she did and if she's alive, I'm sure she'll find you one way or another." she smiled.

Toothless smiled back. "Thanks Storm. I appreciate it." he mumbled.

"Anytime!" Stormfly said. "Now I got to go but remember what I said!" she called out before she jumped into the sky; flapping her unique wings.

(Present day)

Leyla jumped over a broken tree branch that laid in her line of sight. She kept her eyes peeled open, darting all around her to make sure she wasn't followed by someone she didn't know. The red headed girl stopped walking and sat down on the ground, pulling out her map.

It was a map, she had created during her and Dak's adventures that mostly involved flying. She traced her finger along certain parts of the paper, looking up every now and then, making sure she knew where she was.

"Just a few more feet to the cove!" she shouted, happily.

Leyla folded up her map along the creases and tucked it into her small satchel that was tied to her belt. She stood up and narrowed her eyes, before taking off at a speed she didn't even know she could do.

"Now, Fishface, we told Hiccup we'd go train." a voice suddenly said.

She froze in her tracks and quickly and stealthy made her way behind a tree. Leyla didn't recognize the voice, it was unknown, someone she never met before, she summed it up.

"By train, do you mean with axes or with your face?" Fishface replied, smugly.

The voice of the first person picked up a twig that was laying an inch away from Leyla and threw it at the other Viking. "Shut up Fishlegs!"the voice yelled.

"Who's there?!" Leyla shouted.

"Who are you?" the voice asked, once they spotted Leyla. 

It didn't take them much to find her behind a tree; her loud gulps gave her position away.

"I asked you first!" Leyla retorted. "Now answer my question; who's there!" she snapped.

The voice stepped up to her face. "Name's Snotlout and that's Fishface." the voice— Snotlout— said and gestured with a thumb to the chubby blond haired green eyed Viking behind him.

"Fishface?" Leyla questioned. 'What kind of name is that?' she thought to herself.

"It's actually Fishlegs." Fishface spoke up. "Not that it matters." he whispered.

"Right...Anyways, I have to go do something; so if you'll excuse me." Leyla said and tried to run away but Snotlout and Fishlegs both blocked her exit.

"You're not going anywhere." Snotlout told Leyla as she gulped loudly.

She was officially beyond scared now and without a dragon by her side, she didn't know what to do.