Chapter 15 - Derailment of a Problem

(One day later)

"According to the book here, there's nothing on the Swift Furies." Hiccup muttered.

He threw the book across the hut to the point where it landed at Atali's feet. She bent down and picked it up, slowly flipping through the pages herself.

Atali started walking back towards Hiccup but quickly halted her steps when she stumbled across a certain page in particular. It had a crest she was all too familiar with. A symbol of a Skrill.

"What's the Berserker Tribe's crest doing on the page about Swift Furies?" she asked aloud.

Hiccup jogged over to her and snatched the book out of her own grasp. She rolled her eyes at the move as his emerald gaze stared at the page itself.

Species; Swift Fury

The Swift Fury is the hybrid offspring of a Swiftwing and a Night Fury. It's arguably the fastest dragon to exist. But it's also quite rare. According to history, Swift Furies were wiped out by an unknown entity. No Viking has ever figured out what happened to them as the few left tend to stay in hiding. Until they can trust Viking kind again.

Soon though, a Swift Fury will rise again and be completely tamed by a Viking. The Berserker Sky Prince. But that's just part of a prophecy. It can't be true.

Logistics of a Swift Fury:
Speed; unknown.
Armor; 32.
Venom: 0.
Shot limit; unknown
Trainable; no
Attack; unknown
Fire power: unknown.
Fire: Plasma energy.
Destination: unknown.

Known Swift Furies:
Unnamed male.
Unnamed female.
Deceased Furies.

Habitat: Unknown.

One more thing: never provoke a Swift Fury. You're just considered pray to it. He or she will feed on your —HEY! STOP IT!

Hiccup slowly chuckled as did Atali before he glued his eyes back to the page.

Never provoke a Swift Fury. It never shows itself unless it wants something. But should there be a case in which you do provoke it; hide and pray to Thor it doesn't kill you in one go.

"Huh. You know, the last paragraph sounds similar to the Night Fury page in the Book of Dragons." Hiccup noted.

"Did you not read the first sentence?" Atali asked him as she rolled her eyes.

Hiccup fixes his gaze to the top of the page. "Oh right." he mumbled.

"Still, what do the Berserkers have to do with the Swift Fury?" he asked aloud a second later.

(Berserker Cay)

Heather and Rajiv let their feet guide them through the village's square. The former's beloved Razorwhip was gracefully grooming her silver scales with her slick tongue. Herr emerald gaze glanced up at her dragon as an idea came to mind.

"Rajiv! I know exactly what we can do." she smirked.

Rajiv stared at her for a brief moment before folding his arms across his groomed warrior chest. "Should I be scared for what you have planned, my dear?"

"Psh, no! Wait, my dear? Raj, we aren't even dating." Heather told him.

"Sorry. Slipped out." he shrugged his shoulders. "Now, what is this massive plan you have?"

"We get you a dragon!" she shouted.

Rajiv backed away slightly. He didn't exactly want a dragon since he was fine on his own. "No." he said.

Heather turned her head to look at him. "What do you mean, no?" she asked.

"I mean no. I don't want a dragon, Heather." Rajiv stated.

"But, a dragon will help ease your chores! You'd be able to fly around Berserker Cay instead of walking for a millennia." Heather defended her plan.

"I said no." Rajiv told her. "End of discussion."

Heather sighed. She needed to find out why he didn't want a dragon. She grinned as a new plan came into thought; she was going to follow Rajiv until he said why he didn't want a dragon! Oh, this plan of hers was definitely going to work.

(Huttsgalor)

"Where's the fish? I'm starving of hunger over here!" Cutter whined.

His tail slapped against the stone impatiently. He closed his eyes for a second, dreaming of the large pile of fish that was going to appear in front of him in minutes.

"Cutter, open your eyes. I have fish~" Leyla singsonged.

Cutter's eyes banged open as he raced to the pile of fish. Only he found two small fishes sitting on the ground in front of him. He bent his head down and snatched both up in one bite then after swallowing, he shifted his gaze to Leyla.

"Two fishes? Seriously Leyla! I'm a growing dragon! I need more than two fishes!" he growled.

"That's all the fish we could find, Cutter." Luna's charming voice spoke.

"Really?" Leyla looked at the Light Fury.

The sleek white dragon nodded her head as Astrid came walking in carrying a basket in her arms. She set the basket down and opened it, throwing one more fish to every dragon except Cutter.

"You already got your share. Don't go stealing the others' shares." Astrid warned him once she eyed him creeping towards the fish tossed to Luna.

Luna moved her body so her tail slid over her fish, hiding it from plain view. "Mine." she growled at Cutter.

"Hey, be nice. We have to make the fish last." Leyla said. "Who knows when we'll find more."

"Why is Huttsgalor running out of fish?" Astrid asked her. Berk never did since Bucket and Mulch regularly went fishing.

Leyla shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Beats me but I'm getting worried Ast. What if there's not enough fish to feed the dragons? What if they die of starvation?" she began to pace the stone floor back and forth.

"They won't die. I promise you." Astrid told her. "If we have to move the dragons somewhere where there's plenty of food, then we will."

Luna quickly uncovered her fish and gulped it down in one go. She licked her lips after before she turned her body ever so gently to the left, facing Astrid and Leyla.

"If all else fails, we could always go to the Hidden World." Luna said.

Astrid looked at Leyla. "What'd she say?" she asked.

"The Hidden World? What's that?" Leyla questioned aloud.