Chapter 12 - "Astrid?"

Luna flapped her wings in order to keep herself afloat in the sky. On her back was Leyla, and on her twin brother's back was Hiccup. The Light Fury grinned as her telltale whistle rang out before she flew into her fire and vanished.

She reappeared ahead of her twin, who quickly glided so he was directly beside her.

"We need the Belzium. Then we can head home." Leyla whispered to Luna.

"Alright, Leyla." Luna replied then turned around to fly back to Berk.

Toothless and Hiccup followed close behind as the group that consisted of two riders and two dragons landed gracefully on Berk's soft ground.

(Later—at night)

Leyla couldn't sleep. No matter how much she tried to get comfortable. She just stayed couldn't close her green eyes. After several hours of not sleeping, she got to her feet and walked over to Luna, who was fast asleep in a protective way.

Luna's white tail was around Leyla's makeshift bed and would be ready to wake up if the girl needed her.

"Luna?" Leyla called.

The dragon peeked an eye open. "Yes?" she questioned.

"Let's go find that Belzium. I faintly recall the place Hiccup took it." Leyla admitted.

"It would be in the forge. With Gobber. Hop on, I'll give you a ride there." Luna said.

Luna stood on her dark paws as Leyla jumped onto her back. Once the girl was secured, the light fury took off. Her white body turned a jet black color, like the night sky when it was nighttime; otherwise her body was white as snow.

Leyla casted her emerald eyes all around. "Berk looks a lot like Huttsgalor." she noted. "There's a lot of similarities."

Luna hummed and within a few minutes, the two were at the forge. Leyla jumped off and planted her feet onto the ground. "Watch my back, I'm going in." Leyla ordered.

"Be careful, Leyla." Luna said.

She kept her blue eyes glued on all sides of the forge while Leyla was inside. The ten year old girl dug around everything, eventually spotting a speck of purple that she recognized anywhere.

"Ah ha! Luna, I found it!" she yelled.

"Ye found wat?" a large Viking with a prosthetic arm and peg leg.

Leyla gulped. "Um." she stumbled for a response.

"And wat is a lass like yerself doing 'ere?" he eyed her.

"Gobber. Leave her alone." Leyla knew that voice anywhere.

Standing in the doorway with a blue and yellow Nadder at her side was someone Leyla saw as a friend. Leyla spotted other Vikings all walk out of their houses.

"Oi, who are you?" Gobber asked.

The girl with the Nadder twirled her double bladed axe. "Seriously Gobber, you don't recognize my voice?" the girl spoke.

"Astrid, am I glad to see you!" Leyla shouted, happily.

Astrid hugged Leyla. "Are you okay?" she asked Leyla.

Leyla nodded. "I'm okay. Thanks Astrid." she said. "But how did you even get here?"

"Stormfly and I got worried so I told Dak to stay behind, in case you came home while I went to find you." Astrid explained.

"Astrid?" Hiccup's voice suddenly was heard.

She turned around and rested her axe on her shoulder. "Hiccup. Long time no see."she said. "Now, if you'll excuse us. We need that Belzium for our friend." Astrid demanded.

"Please?" Leyla pleaded.

"Astrid Hofferson, what are you doing on Berk? I thought I banished you." Astrid knew that voice.

"Don't worry. I'm not staying just give me the Belzium and I'll be on my way." Astrid crossed her arms.

"Stoick would never let us leave with it." Stormfly commented.

"Unless we take it from under his nose." Leyla whispered to Astrid.

"Then it's go time, Recsue Rider." Astrid smiled as she back flipped into Stormfly's saddle.

Leyla swung herself into Luna's blue saddle. "Ready when you are, Ast." Leyla called.

Astrid responded by placing two fingers in her mouth and whistling loudly. Stormfly and Luna took off, both female dragons flipped themselves over so their riders could grab the purple ore.

"I'll take that, thank you very much!" she shouted.

The female dragons fixed themselves so they were right side up. "Come on, Ley! We need to take this home!" she added.

Stormfly roared and took off with Luna diving after her in the sky.

"What just happened?!" Stoick yelled.

"Aye, we seem to have lost de purple ore." Gobber stated the obvious.

Stoick glared at him. "I know that, Gobber." he growled.

(With the Swift Fury—500 miles south of Berk)

The Swift Fury flapped her wings as she darted across the sky. The dark sky made it easy for her to camouflage herself but her bright blue markings were quite visible. She dived down and scored a mouthful of fish. The Fury flew back up and made her route back to her home. She landed at the mouth of her cave on graceful, silent paws. Her mate, a fellow Swift Fury with bright blue eyes was napping with his tail wrapped around him and his wings shielding something.

"Remus? I'm back." she spoke after she dropped the pile of fish.

Remus perked his head up and uncurled his tail and wings, which kept their egg protected. "Did you bring dinner, Mera?" he asked.

"Duh. Here, catch." Mera threw a few fish at him with her tail.

"Good." Remus said.

"How is the egg? Is it okay?" Mera asked him.

She was worried. What if Dragon Hunters found her and killed her before she had a chance to be a mother? Remus stood up and padded over to her.

"The egg will be fine. If all else fails, we can always give it to Grumblegarrd to look after." Remus told Mera.

"I'd feel better if we did that. It pains me, yes but for the future of our kind, it's the best decision." Mera said.

(Huttsgalor —three hours later)

"Leyla! You're back!" Dak shouted and hugged his twin sister.

"Yeah and we got the Belzium." Leyla said.

Astrid had jumped off of Stormfly and handed Hannahr three saddlebags full of the unique purple ore the Huttsgalor people relied on for everyday use.

"Oh thank you, Astrid, Leyla. Now I can make more things for Huttsgalor." Hannahr stated and waved gently to the two females before she vanished into her forge.