Chapter 6 - Leyla's In Trouble!

"So, I guess we're on Berk. Doesn't seem much different from Huttsgalor." Leyla said.

She looked around all sides and saw foliage of various sorts as well as what seemed to be a giant hole in the ground with a giant pond that had a small waterfall flowing down into it. Leyla then looked up and saw tree roots that hung deep into the hole and down the rocks.

"What is this place?" she asked, aloud.

"Someone's here." Luna said.

Her senses were picking up on something, or rather, someone in the holed ground with them and from what they were telling her, it was a dragon. A dragon that sensed her there as well. Luna made a move to take a stand beside Leyla, wrapping her tail around the ten year old's legs as a black dragon leapt at her.

"You! What are you doing here?!" the black dragon shouted at her.

"I could ask you the same thing, Toothless." Luna retorted back.

"Who's she?" he asked.

He used his tail to gesture to the girl beside Luna. Leyla decided to take matters into her own hands.

"Hi there. I'm Leyla." she said. "It's nice to meet you, Toothless." Leyla added.

The black dragon froze in his spot, shocked. "How do you know my name? I never told you, only her." he pointed a paw at Luna.

"She can understand us, muttonhead." Luna told him.

"How?" Toothless asked. "That's not normal! I've never heard of humans fully understanding our language." he added.

"My brother and I can. We were adopted by a dragon." Leyla admitted. "I trust, you won't tell anyone that. Please?" she pleaded the dark dragon.

Toothless sighed. "Fine. Vanish, what are you doing here?" he said, turning his attention to Luna and directing his question to her.

"Belzium. Do you know where we can find it?" Luna questioned.

"Gobber ran out earlier. Stoick sent Hiccup out to find some along with the other teens in the Loki Catacombs." Toothless told them.

"Where can we find this 'Loki Catacombs'?" Leyla asked him.

He pointed up to the left with his half tail fin. "There. You'll know your close when you start to smell the human teens." he smiled.

"Thanks Toothless!" Leyla shouted.

She jumped back onto Luna's saddle as the dragon nuzzled him in a sibling-type of relationship.

"Thank you, bro." Luna thanked him.

"Anytime, sis." Toothless told her.

Luna unfolded her wings and jumped into the sky, using the cover of night to camouflage herself. She could do that because of her father being a Night Fury, resulting in her brother being one as well.

"Leyla? You okay for now?" Luna asked, looking backwards at the girl in her saddle.

"Yeah." Leyla said.

She noticed a group of teens, holding torches as a means of light while they traveled in a decent sized group. "There!" she pointed to them.

Luna saw her point and dived down, letting loose the infamous telltale screech that a Fury made. She landed with a soft thud as Leyla hopped off, walking towards a stick that rested in a holder at the mouth of the Catacombs. Leyla held it away from her as Luna let out a plasma blast.

The teens were further down in the Catacombs but close enough to hear Luna's plasma blast echo. "What was that! Hiccup..." Snotlout warned.

"It's not him." Hiccup mouthed to him.

"It sounded like a Night Fury!" a chubby blond haired viking with emerald eyes shouted. "Oh Thor, oh Thor, oh Thor." he repeated, scared for his life now.

"Legs, calm down." Hiccup said and grabbed the blond's shoulders.

At the mouth of the cave stood Luna and Leyla. The ten year old girl started walking in with Luna hot on her trail. The dragon, like her brother, had shot limits but could also use the ability known as echolocation, one she had never used before.

"Are we even close?" Leyla asked after about fifty feet from the mouth.

Luna responded by letting out a plasma blast, letting it echo off the walls. She was satisfied when she heard a high pitched girly scream. "This way." she said.

She padded straight ahead, using her excellent hearing to listen carefully for more screams. Luckily for her, the person screaming was screaming rather loudly until Hiccup punched the person in the face.

The other teens, stared, slack jawed.

"Did Hiccup just punch Snotlout?" Ruffnut, a blonde haired female —and the only female in the group aside from Astrid but she was gone— Viking asked.

"Unfortunately, we weren't expecting Thor's mighty hammer to meet Snotlout's paper jaw." her twin brother, Tuffnut, stated, casually.

"W..what?" Hiccup gaped. "Never mind." he added, when he got ridiculous looks as a response.

He heard a twig snap loudly and readied his shield, aiming the crossbow part at whoever was approaching. He let go as a scream from a dragon filled his along with everyone else's eardrums. Hiccup walked over to where the scream was, about twenty-five feet away from him and the teens and gasped.

A white dragon, similar to Toothless laid still on the Catacombs' ground with a bola wrapped around her. He could tell the bola ripped into her wings, knowing she'd never fly again. He downed another dragon.

"I'm so sorry." he apologized, quietly.

"Get away from her." a voice called, sternly.

"You get away from that beast!" Snotlout called out.

Aside from the fact he knew about Toothless, he took one look at the white dragon's back and saw a saddle strapped on and the way the girl was defending the dragon answered his question even more.

"Who are you?" Hiccup asked.

"L...Leyla?" Luna whispered.

"Are you okay, Luna?" she asked.

Luna nodded. "Just my wing feels like it's on fire but other than that, I'm fine." she replied.

"Nothing to see here, gang. Take the Belzium and get it back to Gobber." Hiccup told his friends.

They all nodded and grabbed whatever they could of the purple ore. Hiccup turned his attention back to Leyla.

"Now, who are you?" he asked.