Chapter 7 - Hiccup Helps?

"My name's not important, what is important is that Belzium. Where are you taking it?" Leyla asked him.

Hiccup had a satchel that was full of the purple ore slung over his right shoulder. "I'm taking this to the blacksmith. He just told us to find it, didn't even tell us what it is." Hiccup sighed, loudly.

"Belzium is a magnetic ore that's attracted to Iron. It's used for many things in my village."Leyla admitted.

She only knew what Hannahr told her and because she had gone with Dak to find more one time, she knew what it looked like and where to find it. Anywhere near sandstone.

Hiccup walked over to the downed dragon and sliced the bola off of her, freeing the dragon. "Thank you, Hiccup." she thanked him.

"I'm Hiccup Haddock, nice to meet you..." he trailed off, gesturing to Leyla.

"Oh! Leyla. Leyla Galore." Leyla answered, using a fake last name as she didn't exactly have one.

He nodded. "Here, Leyla." he handed her the satchel of Belzium.

"Thank you but what about you?" she asked, attaching the satchel to Luna's saddle.

Hiccup bent down and picked up a much smaller piece of Belzium, shrugging as he held onto it. "Eh, I'll just use this and say I didn't find anymore. That is," he tossed the piece into the air and caught it in his hand, "the last piece." he told her.

"Ta—" Hiccup was cut off by loud footsteps.

A person, unknown to Leyla but well-known to Hiccup, approached the two. His big body build frightened Leyla deeply, he was about three times her height and weight combined! She gulped and held a hand for Luna to stay where she was —which was near Hiccup.

"What are you doing?" the voice spoke, deep.

"D...Dad! Uh, getting the Belzium Gobber needed." Hiccup told him.

"And where is that, Hiccup?" the big Viking asked.

"Oh! It's..." Hiccup's emerald eyes darted around as Leyla silently kicked the satchel towards him. She had taken it off of Luna's saddle and held it in her hands until the right time, just so Hiccup couldn't get into trouble.

"Right here, Dad." Hiccup said and bent down.

He picked up the satchel, opening it for his father. "Very well." he said.

Hiccup waited until his father had left before he faced Leyla. "Why'd you do that?" he asked her.

Leyla smiled. "So you couldn't get into trouble." she admitted.

"Well, thanks Leyla." Hiccup smiled back. "Is there anything I can do to help you?" he asked.

"Yeah, who was that?" Leyla asked.

"Chief Stoick. Chief of Berk and Hiccup's father." Luna stated. "And Leyla, try to keep your ability to understand us a secret. If word got out that you speak dragonese, the...uh...results wouldn't be good." she added.

"Okay." Leyla whispered.

"Stoick Haddock, my father and the Chief of Berk." Hiccup admitted.

"That's what Astrid said." Leyla muttered silently.

"Let me show you around. If anything, you can hide your dragon in the cove with Toothless." Hiccup told her.

"Don't worry Leyla, Plasma's a dork but he won't harm me." Luna nudged Leyla's right hand.

Leyla patted her head. "Plasma?" she whispered. "Who's that?" she added.

Luna didn't answer and took to the skies instead once she made it out. However, the white dragon could only get so far with an injured wing. She ended up crashing, face first, to the cove. Luna tumbled over her brother by accident as he snorted.

"What was that for?!" Toothless shouted. "You interrupted my peaceful sleep!" he added.

"Plasma, I'm sorry! I forgot about my wing getting trapped in a stupid bola." Luna snapped.

"It's fine, Luna." he turned to walk away. "And don't call me Plasma!" he roared as Luna laughed.

She settled down on the ground, curling her tail around her body, letting it rest in front of her face as she dozed off to sleep.

()()()()

Leyla followed behind Hiccup. She didn't want to get lost because this island was new territory for her, she didn't know it as well as she knew Huttsgalor. So, the ten year old red headed girl kept close behind the older teen.

"Here we are." Hiccup said, once he stopped walking altogether.

In front of him was a blacksmith, much nicer than Hannahr's was in Leyla's mind. She took a step forwards and traced her finger along all the different weapons, feeling the pure sharpness underneath her pointer finger.

She smiled and turned back to Hiccup. "These are nice. Who made them?" she asked.

"'Dat'd be me, lass. Name's Gobber." another big build Viking with a stick for a right foot and an axe for a left hand, said.

He waddled up to the ten year old girl and patted her head with his axe. "Please, stop." Leyla begged. "That kind of hurts." she added.

"Gobber, be nice." Hiccup commented.

"Oi, lad. I'm jus havin' a wee bit of fun." Gobber pointed out.

It took him five full seconds to realize Hiccup's glare was aimed at him. "Oi, alrigh'." he said.

"Gobber, meet Leyla Galore. She's just visiting some family here." Hiccup lied.

He only did that for one reason, he didn't want word to get out that she was a dragon rider or that she was from a village that, from what he knew, was outside of the archipelago.

"Nice to meet ya, lass!" Gobber shouted and took her right hand in both of his hands, shaking it effortlessly.

"Does he always do this?" Leyla asked.

Hiccup nodded. "It's a common thing he does." he stated. "You get used to it and his craziness." he sighed.

"Makes sense, I guess." Leyla muttered.

She managed to free herself from Gobber's tight grip and scramble over to Hiccup. "I need to go check on Luna." she whispered softly to Hiccup.

"Go." he whispered back. "I'll keep them busy." he finished.

Leyla smiled and took off in the direction of the cove. She had known the direction it was in due to her catching a peak at Astrid's map of the archipelago.

"Thank you Astrid." she mumbled.