Chapter 13 - "Bud, follow them."

"Now that Hannahr has the Belzium she needed, I say we go train!" Leyla called.

She didn't know what else to do since nothing was going on in Huttsgalor so training sounded like a good idea to pass the time. Her emerald eyes glanced up at Astrid.

"You do that, Ley. I'm going to just sit up there with Storm and Luna." Astrid replied.

Leyla tossed a small smile at Astrid. "Okay. Have fun, Ast!" she hollered then jumped onto Summer's back.

(Location: unknown, fives days later)

Mera and Remus flapped their wings as the two Swift Furies zipped across the sky. The former one was holding their egg in her mouth so talking to Remus was a no go.

"Are you okay? We can stop if you want to rest." Remus told her.

Mera rolled her eyes and merely slapped him with her tail. Her mate took that tail slap as her way of saying she was fine. She didn't want to rest.

In reality, she was scared to rest. What if the hunters found her and Remus, killed them then take their egg?! The last Swift Fury to be hatched, taken at birth. Oh, she could see her headstone now. Swift Fury mother dead because an evil foe killed her before taking her child.

"Are we going to give the egg to Grumblegaard, or the Wing Maidens?" Remus mused aloud.

Mera thought for a minute then spoke through their bond. "Wing Maidens, actually. Grumblegaard has enough on his plate. He certainly doesn't need an unborn dragon to take care of." she chided.

"But you said we'd give it to Grumblegaard five days ago." Remus stated, confused.

His mate stopped flying and hovered in mid flight. "I know but I thought about it and I think the Wing Maidens would take better care of our egg than a grumpy old gigantic dragon would." she said.

"Okay. If you think it's the best decision, then I agree." Remus replied.

The Swift Furies continued flying north, to the Wing Maiden island.

(Location; Berk)

The purple ore he found painstakingly found, vanished right from under his nose. Not that he was expecting it to, he truly wasn't but the fact that Astrid had returned to swipe it made him feel even worse. He liked her, always did. She had the feisty spirit and aggressive nature you just had to love. And he secretly loved Astrid but Hiccup wasn't about to admit it. No, he could go years on end, crushing on her and still not say anything about liking her.

When she suddenly showed again, that made his heart flutter with happiness. But she wasn't alone. She had Leyla, the other dragon rider, with her. Hiccup made a mental note to find out more about Leyla and who she really was. For some reason, he could trust her yet couldn't at the same time. The girl's nature reminded him of himself. Riding dragons. Protecting them at any cost. Yet there was a small side to the girl that seemed a bit insane. She did help Astrid steal that purple ore so maybe there was a crazy side to the young girl.

Maybe.

(Flashback)

"Astrid trained a dragon? Wait, Hiccup did too?!" Snotlout questioned as he leaned on the tree trunk to get a better view.

"There's no way Astrid would betray the Viking race like that!" he mused then realized something. "Hiccup. He had to glue that idea inside my girl's head! Oh, he is so getting it."

Snotlout then stepped back from the tree trunk and ran into the village. "ASTRID TRAINED A DRAGON!" he shouted along the way.

"What are ye yappin' about?" Gobber butted in, waving his prosthetic hand in the air as he limped over to the sudden crowd of Vikings.

Snotlout Jorgeson stood in the middle of the crowd, sprouting a proud grin on his face. Oh he was happy, he was about to pin the blame on Hiccup and get the scrawny lack of a Viking out of Berk.

"What's this about Astrid training a dragon?" Stoick asked him in the deep scent of his.

"You see Chief. Hiccup installed the idea of training dragons to betray Viking kind into my girl's head! Banish him from Berk Chief! Make him pay for that!" Snotlout shouted.

"Make who pay?" Hiccup asked suddenly as he and Astrid walked up to the crowd.

"BANISH HIM!"

"HE'S A TRAITOR!"

"THEY BOTH ARE TRAITORS!"

"Chief, exile both of them. They both betrayed the Viking race! I say we chop off their heads and stick their bodies on a pole then set it on fire!" Snotlout's father shouted in a very devious tone of voice.

Stoick turned his head to glare harshly at the man. "Absolutely not! Look, Hiccup may of betrayed us but he is still my son and the last piece of Valka I have!" he stated, loudly.

"Astrid Hofferson, you are hear-by banished from Berk. Do not return. Ever." Stoick decided.

(Flashback ends)

Hiccup remembered that day clear. Snotlout was to blame for Astrid's exile and because he knew his father wouldn't live if he was in her place. He felt guilty about that. Had he not snuck out of the house to talk to her, maybe she'd still be at Berk.

He didn't know where she was even. Toothless couldn't track her scent anywhere and yet, here the two were; flying in the crisp blue sky. He decided to check up on Atali and see how they along with Ruffnut were doing.

Fishlegs had flown Ruffnut to the Wing Maiden island, as a hope for a fresh start. All the female twin wanted was to live her own life, away from her annoying twin brother. So Atali had taken her in, training her to be a Wing Maiden.

Hiccup smiled at the thought. Then not a minute later did he feel Toothless jerk to the left. The Night Fury flew above two unknown dragons to Hiccup.

They look like Night Furies.

"Bud, follow them closely. They're a new dragon!" Hiccup whispered to his dragon.