Chapter 5 - Belzium Problem

The next morning, Leyla found herself walking the town square, alone. Summer had gone with Winger to get fish for everyone, Stormfly even went with them, using her expert tracking skills she apparently had to good use.

"If you get hurt, I don't want to hear about it from everyone, okay?" the Light Fury mumbled.

Luna trailed behind Leyla, just to simply keep the girl out of trouble as Astrid had put it. Since the twins now knew of Astrid's past, they seemed to be getting close with the female dragon rider she called friend.

"You know Luna, you can go back. I can handle myself." Leyla told her once the two stopped walking.

"Nope. Astrid told me to keep an eye on you so I am. Besides, I'm the fastest dragon here, if you're in trouble, I can always get you away." Luna boasted proudly.

The two heard footsteps coming up from behind them as they turned around to see Duggard standing there with a blonde haired woman with blazing blue eyes.

"She looks like Astrid." Luna noted as Leyla rolled her eyes.

"Leyla, unknown dragon, what brings you into town?" Duggard asked her.

"Not much Duggard, just getting supplies for training. Oh, by the way, meet Luna, one of Astrid's dragons." Leyla introduced the Light Fury.

She gave them a toothless smile as they laughed at her antics. "Leyla, do you and the Rescue Riders mind helping Hannahr out." Duggard said.

"Not at all Chief Duggard." Leyla replied and turned to Hannahr. "What do you need help with?" she asked.

"Belzium. I'm afraid I'm all out and the nearest island that has it is far away." Hannahr explained.

"Where's this island?" Leyla asked her.

Hannahr sighed. "Some island named Berkelium? I don't recall the actual name but it did start with a B." she drummed her index finger along her chin.

"Berk?" Leyla blurted out.

"Ah ha! Yes! Berk, that's the island that has Belzium!" Hannahr shouted, happily clapping her hands. "Thank you Leyla! I wish you luck!" she added, running the opposite direction the Rooster was.

Leyla turned around to see Luna glaring at her. "What?" she questioned the dragon.

"You are NOT going to Berk! Astrid was banished from that place for training dragons! If you're even spotted, they'll shoot you down in an instant!" Luna shouted.

"Which is why you'll come with me. You can make sure they won't shoot us down because I intend to take you and Summer there." Leyla announced.

Leyla hopped onto Luna's bare back and held on tightly as the Light Fury shot into the sky, zooming like a white arrow flying by to the Rooster.

"Leyla? Were you riding Luna?" Astrid asked her. "Not that I mind, I don't but I'm just curious." she quickly added.

"We need to go to Berk. They have a metal that Hannahr, our blacksmith, needs in order to help the village." Leyla explained.

"Belzium." Astrid muttered. "That's a strong durable metal that Gobber was able to perfect. If I'm seen, I'll get killed so I'm not going with." she declared.

"And if you are going Leyla, you'll need a guide so either Luna or Stormfly can go with." Astrid told her.

Leyla nodded. "I'll take Luna and Summer, that is if they want to come." she looked at both females.

"While I utterly despise Berk for what they did to Astrid, I'll go with you just to keep you out of plain trouble." Luna stated.

"I don't know Ley. It sounds dangerous."Winger noted. "I don't even know if Summer can protect you, she's just a water dragon."he added, worried about his adoptive human sister.

"Winger, I'll be fine. Besides, I'll have Luna with me and Sum, it's up to you if you want to come with." Leyla said.

"You do realize Fastfins aren't common. Leyla, I think it'd be best if you just take Luna. She and Stormfly are more common dragons and even though Luna's a rare dragon, she's been seen by the Berkians. It'd be safer that way." Astrid explained.

Dak nodded in agreement. "Hate to say it sis, but she's right. We want to protect our dragons and the best way to do that is to leave them here on Huttsgalor." he said, sadly.

Leyla took a deep breath and nodded softly. "Does she have a saddle?" she asked Astrid.

"Yes, let me go get it." Astrid replied and ran into the direction of where she kept the suppliers for her two dragons.

After a few minutes she came back with a white saddle that had a blue strike class logo on it. Luna padded over to her and stood still while Astrid tied the saddle onto her white shiny back.

"Be careful." she warned.

"I will. We'll be back!" Leyla shouted as she jumped onto Luna's back with the help of Summer and Winger.

"Don't go too fast. I don't ride really fast dragons often." Leyla admitted, sheepishly.

"Don't worry Leyla. I won't go that fast." Luna laughed.

She spread out her white pinky sparkly tinted wings and took off by jumping into the bright blue sky. The sun casting a shadow on her white body as the Light Fury flew above the white fluffy clouds in the sky.

()()()()()()
Several hours later.

Leyla pulled out her dragon diary and started a new page she called Light Fury. "So, Luna, what can you tell me about your species?" Leyla asked as the two flew.

"As Astrid told you, not much is actually known about us." Luna remarked.

Leyla nodded. "Is that it?" she asked, pointing to a huge island in front of the duo.

She looked over to her right and saw the sun was almost dusk. Luna eased her flight and looked for a secret, hidden way in. The white dragon immediately changed her flight by arrowing downwards, causing Leyla to hold onto the saddle tightly.

"Sorry. It's dusk so my body stands out." Luna apologized. "Are you okay, Leyla?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but where are we?" Leyla asked.

"Welcome to Berk." Luna announced.