Chapter 9

Ebuka P.O.V.

I visit my wife at the hospital everyday. She seems pretty fine to me. I am happy that finally I can be a dad but she seems happier.

My wife will be discharge today. And I am taking her home,she whines on how much she misses home.

When we arrive at our house,we found my mum in the house. Its unlike my mum to drop without informing so something must be up.

After Mirabel greet my mum I take her to our room to rest and when I came back,I meet my taking trazodone (desyrel),its a sleeping medicine. What happened that's making my mum drink a sleeping medicine?. If I ask her straight away she won't answer so I HV to go slowly.

"Mum,I HV good news", I say

" which is?",my mum ask

"Mirabel is pregnant", I break the good news to her

My mom looks surprise and happy. When she finally get her voice she speaks," I am happy for you but I am sorry I hv a bad news". I ask without wasting time,"What happened mum??". She gulps and sighs and then she speaks, "Your father is having an affair without another woman. Ebuka it hurts,I HV been with your father even after he abuses me and beat me like I am some kind of punching back of his and all I get in return, all I get for sticking with his sorry ass is heartbreak and betrayal. It really hurts Ebuka it does", she begins to sob. I stand up from the couch I sat on and sat on the sofa with my mum and I drew her in for a hug.

It hurts to see my mum in pain and again its because of my dad. Why does that man hate his wife my mother?. If he knows he will keep hurting my mum,why did he marry her then??why can't he divorce her already?.

Damn,I hate my dad

____________________________________

Mirabel P.O.V

I was asleep before I notice that Ebuka has been turning. I ask him" Hey baby, what's wrong you have been turning since?". "I am sorry, I didn't mean to wake u up, its just that I can't sleep", he says looking depressed. Its unlike Ebuka to look so down and depressed like he does now. "Is it about mum?Is she okay?", I ask sounding worried. He looks at me and then smiles. " It's nothing serious, its just the same old story(I sit up) my dad keeps hurting mum. When I was small I watched my dad beat my mum like she was some kind of slave and I did nothing. When I clocked 13 my dad still beat my mum and I couldn't take it no more. So one day, I came back from school and I found my dad beating my mum with a whip,I looked at my mum and saw mark on her body,her body peeled,she was bleeding, I saw blood all over her body and the worst part of it was my mum my crying. I begged my dad to stop but he didn't,each time I came to him and begged to stop he pushes me away. So I got angry,I didn't mean to do it okay,I panicked, so I went to the kitchen brought out a knife and walked over to where my dad stood,where he was beating my mum and I asked him to stop for the very last time but he refused,so I stabbed him, I stabbed him continuously until my mum ran to his rescue. He was hospitalised and my mum was scared I will be imprisoned so she flew me abroad,she flew me to England. When I was about 19 or 20 years old and I wanted my mum to stay with me,but then I figured she has prison record so she couldn't meet me over there, so I came back. She took the blame for me,my heartless father told on me,he told the police a family member stabbed him. I wanted him to die,now I still want him to die. He does nothing but bring pain to my mum and I. Now,he is cheating on my mum,she has cried herself to sleep,the tears made her sleep not the drugs",he says sincerely.

He has never told me about this before, its surprising. His mum went to jail for his sake. I am still in the state of shock, so the only thing I manage to say is,"You never told me this". "I didn't want you to worry", he says and kissed my forehead. I rest my head on his shoulder and speak softly," No wonder you have a British accent". He looks at me and then grin.

Add this book to your library, so when I update you will be notified.

Please tell me what you think of my book.......your opinion matters

I love you guys,thanks for your vote

I am sorry if all the characters are tough and there is no soft or easily broken character. I did it like that because we Nigerians don't take shit from nobody. But I promise,you will love the book. Its a great piece...

It has book two,titled" THE FORGOTTEN ".

Please tell me one experience you will never forget.......