Chapter 8

Crystals P.O.V

I looked around the house, I didn't know what was happening, I was confused, lonely, and I want to be with my parents again. I didn't want to go to 'school'...

" I'm not forced to go to school!" I say to Percy in an angry voice.

"No one is forcing you, but you need to go to school, every one has gone to school" Percy explained.

"Why?"

"To learn, and to communicate with people."

I never went to school, I've never had real friends... Maybe school could be good for me...

I really wasn't bothered to fight with Percy, so I just nodded.

"So you will be starting school next week, we need to get all your supplies" my 'mum' said.

"Supplies?" I asked.

"Books, pencils etc" Percy laughed.

Great. Just great. Not only do I have to go to school, but I need to get 'supplies'.

So after a couple of days, the day has finally arrived for school.

"Enjoy yourself okay? Just remember the kids there will think you are a normal person, you can't tell them anything about your true self" I explained.

"Okay, bye mum" I said.

She hugged me and tears started to form in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes and left with Percy.

"Is it weird that I called her 'mum' ?" I asked Percy.

"No, not at all, she is your mum".

After a discussion with Percy about school, we arrived, I saw kids running around and I nervous, I was nervous that I might not be able to fit in with them. They seemed to be in their own little group of friends.

"Bye Crystal, be careful" Percy said as he hugged me.

I walked out of the car, and looked around, I walked into the school, not knowing where I was going.

I bumped into a person, well teacher is what I think they call them...

"Oh hello, you must be Crystal, I'm the principle of this school, you must need help with getting to your classes"

I nodded and followed him.

We went into a classroom and everyone's eyes went straight at me.

"Hello everyone, this is Crystal, she will be in your classes" the Principle exclaimed.

Everyone smiled, but giggled quietly.

"Hi Crystal, I'm Mrs Tina, your teacher, you can go sit over there next to Lily."

Lily smiled at me and I walked towards her and sat on the chair, every thing seemed so weird. Is this how people spend their life? In school?

"Hello" Said Lily. She was waiting for a response and I finally realised that after a couple of seconds.

"Oh um hi" I nervously said quietly.

After all the work we have done, it was finally recess, I was so relieved, I was so tired. I can't spend my life like this.

"Crystal! Come sit with me" Lily exclaimed.

I went over to her, and sat on the deep dry grass.

It was really quiet. I didn't say a word, I tried to make a conversation, but I was nervous.

"Is this how your life is? School and work?" I asked Lily.

"Yeah" Lily sighed. "We want to be free in our lives, but to get that freedom we need to work, unfortunately that's life"...

"Oh" is all I said.

"I wish sometimes I could just...run away... From everything, my problems, school, everything!" Lily explained. "But that's never gonna happen."

"I never thought of my life like this, this is my first day of school and I'm already tired" I said.

"Well, as I said, that's just how life is..."