Ch 26

(Normal POV)

Lucy sat down on right end of the couch in the corner of Natsu's at-home-office, after Natsu sat on the left.

"So..." Lucy started, playing and fidgeting with the fabric of her clothes, hoping that what he was going to say next wasn't bad. He doesn't seem to be in a cheery mood.

Natsu sighed tiredly and looked down at the floor, "I'm sorry to say this baby, but I'm gonna have to leave for a business trip in Crocus on Monday. I'll be back Friday night, possibly Saturday morning." He started, "The stupid a*shole doesn't know how to do anything right so I have to go and straighten things out over there." He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through this hair letting out a frustrated groan after speaking of his lazy pigheaded client.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm definitely going to miss you," The blonde started, a slight sadness laced through her words, "but it's only for a few days so I should be fine. It would be no different than when I was at my apartment. Plus, I have Wendy I have to keep me company!" She smiled, giving Natsu slight reassurance.

He loved the way she looked on the bright side of this situation, when he could not.

Natsu let out another frustrated sigh and leaned his head back on the couch with his eyes closed, "I have so much stuff I gotta get done, I don't even know where to start." He groaned, "But I can't."

"Why?" Lucy asked, confusion written on her pale face, "It's not that late yet."

"I know, but I'm already so tired." He complained, "I have a headache too, so I can't concentrate on this sh*t. D*mn it!"

Poor guy, he seemed just fine earlier when they went to the café.

Running such a large company definitely does not seem like a piece of cake.

Lucy stood up, standing between his legs,  and cupped his face with her hands. He looked up into her soft brown eyes with his tired dark ones, "You seem stressed, you should probably go to bed early tonight, you can deal with this tomorrow while I go out shopping with the girls. I won't be here to bother you. Sound like a good plan?" She asked, a small smile appearing on her face.

"Mm, you never bother me baby," He replied, his voice a little scratchy.

"That's sweet," She smiled, but it soon turned back into a frown, "You have dark circles under your eyes forming...how much sleep did you get last night? Did you stay up late?" She asked concerned.

She hated it whenever he stayed up working late. He was always tired the next day and it would be no fun, not only that, but it wasn't healthy.

"I went to bed at.........*snore*" And, he fell asleep.

Great.

"Ugh, Natsu..." Lucy had no choice but to wake him up. He couldn't stay here all night.

She knew she was going to feel guilty, but she just felt like she had to.

"Alright, on the count of three," she whispered to herself, raising her hand up in the air, "One, two...THREE!"

SMACK!

"OOF!"

She smacked his belly, making him jolt up in surprise.

"Hehehe!" Okay, so maybe Lucy didn't feel so bad after all. It was kinda funny. She actually hit him with so much force, that her hand tingled after.

"Ow, what was that for?" Natsu groaned, rubbing his sore stomach. He lifted his shirt a little and saw a little red hand print on his stomach from where Lucy hit him.