Ch 15

(Normal POV)

Lucy snuggled up close to Natsu on his dark blood red king sized bed, her body sideways and her legs resting on top of Natsu's thighs.

She waited for an explanation as to why he kissed her randomly and if it meant anything to him.

A great part of her really hoped it did, but at the same time, she knew it was wrong.

Before they left, Lucy took off Jellal's sweater from around her waist and gave it to Natsu, who gave it back to Jellal. So, she was back in nothing but panties, a bra, and Natsu's shirt that fit her tiny curvy figure like a small night dress.

Natsu thought she looked adorable, and that was another thing he absolutely loved about her.

"Alright," He chuckled nervously, "Where do I start?"

There was so much he wanted to tell her, but he didn't know how.

He decided to start when they first met,

"Alright," he took a deep breath, "when I first walked into your classroom and saw you...I just knew I couldn't let you go." He smiled, holding Lucy's hand.

"What do you mean by that?" Lucy questioned, slightly confused.

But Natsu just ignored her question and continued, "I never believed in love at first sight, I always thought it was some bullsh*t in stories and crap...But when I saw you...holy sh*t." He leaned his head back on the headboard of his bed and closed his eyes.

"We May have only known each other for a short period of time, but no one has ever been able to make me feel this way. Not even Lisanna had this effect on me."

Lucy listened intently, her eyes showing a hint of worry for the pink haired male.

"You brought happiness and light back into my life, Luce. The others noticed too, how you've changed me back. They're so happy, they love you too, as friends of course.

"Every time I see you, I just want to kiss you and show you how much I love you and let the world know...that you're mine and that I'm never going to let you go."

"You're smart, very smart. You have a gentil and sweet personality and I love that. You're cute when you're frustrated with little things like when you couldn't pop any balloons at the fair, or when you stubbed your toe a while back at your apartment. There's so much I love about you Luce..." He chuckled.

"I love you Lucy...I love you more than words can express, and even more after that."

He said it.

He finally said it, and now all that weight was lifted off his chest, but was instantly replaced with a new one...

What was her answer?

He looked at her through his determined onyx eyes, only to see that she was crying. Not of sadness, but not of happiness either, but of frustration and love.

Frustration from how a relationship with him wouldn't work, not in her opinion. She didn't want to quit her job, and that job meant the world to her. She finally fulfilled her dream, and now she'd have to quit if she wanted to be with Natsu or the world would treat her differently.

And boy, oh, boy did she ever want to be with Natsu. After hearing him say he loved her, she was finally sure of it...she loved him too.