Ch 24

(Normal POV)

<—Time skip—Thursday Afternoon—>

"Well, that's it I guess..." Lucy sighed, as she glanced inside her empty apartment from the main doorway one last time, "C'mon Plue," She called.

She was definitely going to miss this place, but she didn't think much of it. She had Natsu, so there was nothing to worry about. He was always there to comfort her, she knew that for a fact.

Just his presence seemed to chase away all the unhappy thoughts.

Ever since Natsu asked Lucy to marry him on Sunday, they've been spending every afternoon after work this week 'till now, packing her things and transporting them to his mansion by themselves.

She was moving in with him.

Her apartment was small, so there wasn't too much to be done, and now they were finally finished. She didn't own the furniture, mainly just clothes and stuff.

Lucy sighed as she closed her apartment door for the last time, holding Plue in her arms, and began walking over to the elevator across the hall where Natsu was waiting, typing away on his phone.

When he noticed her presence, he looked up and smiled, slipping his phone back in the pocket of his dark jeans.

"You alright?" He asked, noticing her slightly depressed mood.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna miss this place." She replied, stepping into the elevator, Natsu following.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to. I don't want you to feel like I'm forcing you to move in with me." He said, looking at her in concern after pressing the button.

She shakes her head, "No, I want to move in with you. Don't worry, I'll get over it in a few days." She smiled reassuringly before pecking his cheek sweetly like she does often.

He smiled back and hugged her close to his chest, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head before the doors of the elevator finally opened.

———

When they got home, it was already 7:00pm.

Macao emptied the rest of Lucy's belongings - which wasn't very much - from Natsu's car and brought them inside.

Lucy was going to go through them another time, right now she was just too tired and fed up from packing and unpacking.

This was going to be her second night here at the mansion. She was able to stay a few more at her apartment while they were packing, but then it became too bare, so Natsu insisted she stay with him earlier.

She sighed as she flopped backwards on Natsu's, now hers too, bed and closed her eyes.

She was alone in the bedroom because Natsu was busy talking on the phone in his home office and catching up on a bit of work.

Since she had nothing better to do, she decided to call her mother and see how things were doing, and to tell her about her and Natsu's engagement.

She hasn't had time recently, so Now was the perfect time to do so.

She took out her phone and clicked her mother's number in her contacts, then brought the phone up to her ear.

She was smiling an idiot, as she was now awkwardly sitting on the floor, leaning her back on the side of the bed as she waited for Layla to answer the phone.