Ch 3

(Lucy POV)

"Hello, Natsu Dragneel speaking."

Oh Mavis...

He actually answered!!???

"U-uh, Yeah it's uh, Lucy." I replied idiotically with that stupid stutter I tend to do whenever I talk to him. I mentally slapped myself and listened to his response.

"Oh! Hi, how are you?" He greeted politely.

"I'm great, you?"

"Not bad, could be better. So, what's up?" He asked.

"Uh, I was just wondering if you were busy this Saturday?" I replied quickly. Even if he wasn't here with me, just talking with him made me blush a pink rose colour on my cheeks.

"Saturday? Hang on a sec..." He said.

I waited anxiously and played with the hem of my shirt, beginning to regret my decision to call him.

"Lucy?" He asked a couple minutes later.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Yeah, I'm free Saturday. Where do you wanna meet up at?" He asked.

"Uh," I thought for a moment, "how 'bout the park? We can meet up at 12:00 if that's alright with you. Also, if you want, Wendy can come too." I suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good, I'll ask her and see if she wants to come too. Do you need a ride?."

"W-we'll, if it's not too much trouble, I wouldn't mind."

"No, no it's fine. Just tell me you're address and I'll be there at 11:30."

I told him my address and finished up the conversation. He let me hang up first which I thought was cute.

I let out the breath I was holding in while I was busy talking with him and laid back down on my bed.

I sighed happily.

———

The week went by slowly, but eventually it was Friday night. I was so excited for tomorrow that I couldn't even concentrate on the movie I was watching.

I was sitting on the couch with Plue watching a comedy movie, or I was trying to at least because my mind kept drifting off to Natsu.

I'm starting to think that I'm going crazy, because I've never had someone on my mind so much that I couldn't even concentrate.

Ugh, I'm acting like such a girly girl...

Suddenly, an amazing idea popped into my mind.

I can choose out my outfit for tomorrow! Then, I'll be prepared! It was supposed to be sunny tomorrow again, so I decided to choose something summery while I had time.

I let my movie play because I didn't even know what was going on in the first place-I wasn't paying attention-and made my way to my bedroom with Plue following behind.

I opened up my closet and began my mission to find something cute, but not too cute because I didn't want to seem desperate and weird.

Ugh, I'm over thinking this!

I took a deep breath and laid out a bunch of outfits on my bed and tried to decide which one would be good for tomorrow. I ended up trying on more than half of my closet from mix matching everything and eventually, I found the perfect outfit.

 I ended up trying on more than half of my closet from mix matching everything and eventually, I found the perfect outfit