36| Adulthood. (edited)

6 MORE MONTHS LATER.

Yuna

                  A deep and tired sigh exited my lips as I finished stacking my files up on my desk. Another day, another 10 clients have been seen.

   After college I began working as a therapist for assault victims. I'd be lying if I said I never got anxious by listening to their stories, or never thought of Austin.  But my urge to help women was stronger than my urge to run and hide and never face the world.

    It had been a few stressful weeks as I had been taking new clients in, and often my mind would think back to Austin and things he did or back to Bianca and what Michael did to her. However, Riven had his two weeks paid leave coming up and he said he had a trip to the Bahamas planned.  Hayes and Bianca were joining since we hadn't seen them in almost a year. 

    I was excited but didn't necessarily like planes either so this would definitely be an interesting trip. Not to mention this would be the last bit of relaxation Riven and I would have for a while, after we get back, I'm switching job sites and working under the same contractor that Hunter works under. He interviews victims and finds the perpetrators; I interview and help the victims cope. We'll be a team.

    Don't get me wrong, I love Riven but the job is stressful enough and add your spouse into it? It'll be cramped and a bit rougher on us both.

        I clocked out at the front desk and walked out to where Riven waited for me in his Charger, a big geeky grin on his face.

  "Hey babe, how was work?"  

       "Tiring. Did you finish packing your stuff?"  I ask, sliding into the passenger seat. I had packed all of my clothes last night, as we were leaving for the airport RIGHT NOW.

 "Yep." He pointed to the back seat where our four large suitcases sat with our carryon bags. His jaw line covered in slight scruff and eyes looking tired.

     "You okay babe?"  I furrowed my brows and held my hand against the back of his neck, my fingers ruffling up his hair.

   He nodded with a groan, "Had a bad dream about Madison. But I'm alright."  He turned and shot me a small smirk.

      After trudging through an hour's worth of lines and TSA, we finally found our spot on the plane. We'd fly to Florida where we'd meet up with Hayes and Bianca, boarding the same plane together and then we'd be off to the Bahamas.

 "I hate planes." I shiver, glancing out the window of the plane and watching the runway.

          Riven clasped his hand around mine with another dashing grin, telling me we'd be fine. It was only a two hour flight.

        Take off was definitely not fun, I remember being sucked into my seat and immediately became nauseated. My face must have drained of all color because Riven turned to look at me, chuckling under his breath.

 "Not funny." I grimace, shutting my eyes and squeezing them tight as the plane shook and roared, coming to life as the wheels folded in and the plane lifted off of the ground.

     "You look cute as hell."  He chuckled once more, shaking his head at my 'over-reaction.'

     It wasn't long after that I fell asleep onto Riven's shoulder, only waking up when the plane rumbled loudly and jolted as we landed, scaring me so bad that I jumped halfway out of my seat- thank goodness my seat belt was on.

 "Jeez, calm down. We just have to sit for a bit and then we can leave."  He laughed at me again, patting my thigh and leaning over to kiss me on the lips.

          We had to wait for the announcement that we could get up, and once we did so it was off to the luggage pick up.

    "Now we have two hours before we have to get our next flight." Riven stated, grabbing two of our heaviest suitcases and lugging them onto a cart to get the others. 

  It was 7 pm now, the sun already setting and lighting the sky up in a pink and orange hue, clouds dotting along the sky. We walked outside where Hayes and Bianca sat in their silver car, It didn't take two seconds for Bianca to swing the door open and hug me tightly, screaming with excitement.

   "I missed you so much!!" She bounced up and down, releasing me from her grip.

 "It's been way too long!" I exclaimed, soon turning to Hayes who had a bright smile on his face.

    "How's it been?" I ask him as he pulls me in for a hug, "A lot better than I had ever imagined."

   We caught up about each other's lives over dinner, then it was a race back to the airport to go through more security and protocols.

 Riven

              The girls sat three rows behind us, Hayes and I sitting side by side to go over our plans for the vacation- and boy did we have some ideas. 

  "I know she loves dolphins- so I looked up a trip to swim with them."  Hayes smirked, glancing down at his hands which were fidgeting.

       "I have no clue how I'm gonna do this." I blow out a deep breath, "I'm not a romantic person at all."

      "Do you have it?"  He whispered, looking back to make sure the girls didn't hear us, by now we were taking off- so they were more focused on trying to keep calm.

   I pull the black box out of my carry-on, I'd let TSA search the bag while Bianca pulled Yuna aside to look at cards with puppies on them, thankfully, they saw the ring and knew I had nothing dangerous in my bag and let me on the flight.

        Opening the box, I show Hayes the ring with a golden band, and two tiny blue diamonds framing a larger clear diamond. 

      "Not romantic my ass."  He rolled his eyes, taking the box in his hands to look at, "Damn, she's gonna be so happy."

  My heart hadn't calmed down all day, racing in my chest as I thought of how I'd propose, I had decided we'd be too tired when we land, so the day after tomorrow would be perfect. Tomorrow we can walk around, explore, have fun, and then Bianca- who was in on the surprise and sworn to secrecy- would take Yuna out for a 'girls' day. They'd buy dresses, go to a spa, get their makeup done, and come back to the beach shore.

           There, I'd be standing, Hayes would film because let's face it, I want to capture this moment forever, and for our family and friends to be able and look at. I wanted it to be perfect, Lord knows Yuna deserves it.

 It was Thursday night, meaning the proposal would happen Saturday right as the sun set, I just gotta make sure I don't screw everything up.

       "You ready to spend the rest of your life with her?" Hayes had a hopeful grin on his face, handing me the ring back.

   "I've been ready since the day I asked her to be my Fake Girlfriend."