Sixteen~Finding out secrets. (edited)

Tw: Graphic Self harm.

Prepare for a LONG chapter and lots of time hops, I'm sorry.

"I'm telling you man, you gotta let her know everything. If she wants to feel like she's helping you, you gotta let her know everything." Hayes coaches Riven over a beer and smiled, "Trust me."

"Great, so show her how sick in the head I am. Love that."

"Nah man, just be honest."

Riven sets his beer down, deadpanning. "That was honest."

"C'mon, okay, so what's going through your head right now?"

"That I want a cigarette so bad, its a week til Christmas and I have nothing for Yuna or Madison, I'm tired, my leg hurts and I wanna drive off a bridge." Riven sighs, pressing his forehead against the bar table.

"Okay maybe leave the bridge part out." Hayes smiles through a busted lip- that he most likely got from his father. "What is she doing right now anyways?"

----------------

Diamond hums, finishing up her latest project, sewing her own dress. "Girl, Ya gotta talk to him about it at some point. If it's that big of a worry."

"I don't want him to think I'm weak, Di... He- That could be the one thing that would run him off." Yuna sprawls out across the floor, staring up at the ceiling.

"If it is, then Good riddance."

"He deserves more."

"That's for him to decide baby girl, not you." Diamond tsks, and finishes sewing the last hem on her dress. "Now- I'm gonna try this on, you ready to take photos?"

Yuna spent the next few hours going with Diamond to take photos for her clothing sight, smiling at the confidence that radiated from her friend. Oh how she wished to be like that.

"Any plans for Winter break?" Yuna asks Diamond back in the car on the way to get lunch.

"Mhm, Alexa is inviting me to her place for a week, then I'm headed to my folks' for Christmas." She smirks, "You babes?"

"Riven and I are thinking of maybe going to the beach? It's only a five hour drive."

"Any idea of what kinda gift to get him?"

"I honestly don't know... I don't really know what kinda stuff he likes."

It was true, Yuna knew the deep issues and things about Riven, but nothing like his favorite music or color or food.

The next few days are filled with Yuna searching high and low for any kind of hint at what Riven might like. All she knew is he ate a ton of beef Jerky, Reese's and beer.

Riven was under the same duress. He got some dolls and clothes for Madison as well as monster trucks, what? She can have both. With Yuna? All he had so far were tons of hoodies and sweaters for her, new beanies and a few neat vintage rings.

Christmas approached closer and closer when Yuna had enough. Enough pain. Enough feeling like a burden. That morning, it was 5 days until Christmas and Riven had brought her coffee and breakfast, making sure she ate. He packed their bags for their trip and even gave her an early gift. A pink beanie.

She thanked him genuinely and slipped into the bathroom to cry. It was just a beanie, but the fact that he was treating her so gently, and she was simply a broke college student struggling to make payments on her netflix account.