33| Our Future? (edit)

BEGINNING OF APRIL.

   Yuna.   

                   "It's here, it's here!" Riven screeched from the front door. In his hand- flapping about- is a manila envelope with his name on it. I knew what he was so excited about, these were his final grades for all of his classes- and his fitness class. These grades determined if he was one step closer to the life he wants, or if he had to give it up. 

  "Ooh!" I get off of the couch and walk with him into the kitchen. Our classes officially ended last week for summer, but I had decided to hurry and study more while everything was still fresh in my mind. I'd finally settled on a specific list of classes and decided I wanted to be a therapist for women who go through assault, abuse, things like that. It's something I knew well. It's a lot of class work, but I can take most of the courses online this summer. 

    Riven stared down at the envelope, biting his lip, his hand runs over the stubble that had covered his jawline. He didn't open it yet, clearly getting up the confidence to. Once he opened the envelope, he read silently, keeping a poker face the entire time. 

   "Well? Don't keep me waiting!"   I groaned with a wild look, Hunter Riven over the papers to me, raising a brow.

 "I made a 97% in all classes...Which means, I passed!"  He threw the papers onto the kitchen counter and I jumped into his arms. Squealing with excitement.

   He wrapped his large arms around my waist and kissed my lips tenderly, before leaning back with a smile, "I guess now we should celebrate."

      "I need to finish this one test I'm taking, give me thirty minutes?"  I announce, walking back over to the couch and opening my laptop- 20 questions left. It wasn't necessarily hard, which is why I could breeze through it, but I did want to be careful and make sure I answered everything clearly and correctly. 

"Yunes, it's almost summer! You've been working so hard- you need to relax some."

    "I'll relax when I pass all my classes earlier than everyone else."  

"And when will that be?"  Riven plopped down next to me on the couch, wrapping his arms around my waist as I leaned forward to type.

       "One year."

"One year."  He repeats in a thoughtful tone, "Where do we want to be in one year?"

     I turn around to face him with a quizzical expression, "Graduated."

He laughs.  "No, Like... If we're gonna get married and all that couple stuff- we need to be on the same page. I need to know what you want."

    "I want you."  I smiled, setting my laptop down, I knew I wanted to be a therapist and be with Riven, but the rest I had no clue about- I was flexible on it all.

 "Where do you want to live?"   He laughed, kissing my bare shoulders, pushing the strap of my tank top out of the way.

     "Somewhere hot."

"The beach? I'd love to finally learn to surf."  Riven mumbles with his lips still pressed onto my skin.

"Sure. Okay, kids, or no?"  I asked, this would be the deciding factor for me, I wanted at least three kids, it was the one thing I wouldn't be able to change about my future- I was without a doubt, going to have kids.

 Riven smiled deviously, "Kids, lots of them."

            "Good." I squirmed as he continues kissing my shoulders and the base of my neck, his hands swooping my hair out of the way so he can kiss my back.

    "So in one year we'll be living at the beach with two good jobs and we're married."  I answer, I wasn't quite ready for kids that fast, but in maybe three years I'd be financially stable as would Hunter. Three ish years, then I'd be ready to be a mom.

    It was odd, it felt like just yesterday Diamond and I were complaining about Riven, how he was the worst roommate, now I'm actually in love with the little rascal. Now, now I was happier. I'm sure Riven is too.

  "What are you thinking about?" Riven asked, noticing the far off look in my eyes.

   He sat up and moved next to me, his deep brown eyes watching mine intensely.

   "About how much has changed since I first came here."  I sighed, closing my laptop and setting it on the newer coffee table across from me.

     He nodded, "Changed for the good."

"Definitely, I just can't believe I have a boyfriend who actually loves me."  

        His eyes went from happy to sad very quick, Riven nodded silently and gently wrapped his right arm around me, pulling me closer into his side, where I breathed in his natural scent. Hunter sighed a bit, kissing my head as he rubbed my arm,

      "I love you more than life itself- life without you would be- pointless." 

 "Not pointless."  I spoke softly, Riven was an amazing person and he was so great with kids, and smart, his life could be amazing if he allowed it to be.

          He opened his mouth to respond but before any words could leave, a knock sounded at the door. Hunter stood up, releasing me from his soft grip as he walked into the kitchen where the door to the apartment was. Upon opening, I looked to see Marcus standing in a suit and tie, a small letter in his hands.

          "Marc ? What are you doing here?" Riven asked, ushering him in. Marc took one look towards the kitchen counter, analyzing all the papers laying around before announcing,

   "I take it you know you passed your criminal profile and psychology classes."

Marc's dark hair was jelled back slick, not budging as he fixes his gray suit and maroon tie while following Riven into the living room where I sat.

         "I went to the college to talk to you but they said you had already gone home, and they asked me to bring this by since you didn't pick up all your end of year papers."     Marc sat down in the recliner, handing Riven the letter.

      "Huh... They said that all of our papers would be in the envelopes unless we get a-"  Riven's breath faltered as he read through the letter, a smile forming on his face, "Unless we get an offer to shadow a professional."

         "Really?!" I leaned over Riven's shoulder to read, they were inviting him to a base in Georgia- to meet with a professional and shadow them.

"It says I was in the top 5 percent of my class... They want me to be there in a week."   Riven smiled brightly, ear to ear, "It would last for a month and then I could get my certificate."

     Everything was mapping out for us, like a road unfolding before our very eyes. Riven was getting a successful job, I was studying- but Riven and his parents had made up a bit as well. Granted they weren't as close as most families, but they no longer saw him as a failure and he forgave them. 

          "Could I go with you?" I ask quietly, He nodded, "Of course."

    As we all spoke and celebrated that day- we all went out to eat. We learned that right after Riven gets his certificate- he'd be assigned to a case with a partner and I wouldn't be able to go with him. After all, I wouldn't be certified and, in that profession, everything is classified.

    We began the packing process the next morning- also making sure everything would be fine at the apartment while we were gone. There was a small town house on the base that we would be staying in for the month that Riven was shadowing, so that took some of the moving stress off.

  "How much makeup do you need woman?!" Riven teased as he desperately tried to zip up our suitcases.

  I turned around and made my eyes go wide as I growl, "All."

 "You know there's makeup shops in Georgia right?"  

     "I know, but why spend money when I already have the products?"  I smiled, bouncing on the bed. Which makes Riven laugh and shake his head, jumping onto the bed next to me,

 "I can't wait for our future."