27~Last day (Edited)

Riven-

  The day we'd all been dreading had finally arrived, our last day here. The week passed by faster than expected, with therapy sessions, swimming and surfing, bonfires and eating- we weren't aware of how fast the time was passing. I still hadn't figured out how to surf, I'm starting to think I need a special prosthetic for that. But I did spend a lot of time in the water, ignoring all responsibilities that would weigh me down once I got back to campus. 

   Bianca's high school reunion was approaching, and she told us she had decided she would ask to deliver a speech about her experience, and what she went through. I could tell the idea of it was making her anxious, she asked for us to be there, and we all said yes, without a doubt. Secretly I'm wondering how badly this will affect Yuna, but I don't ask. 

    Currently Hayes had his guitar out, strumming random chords while Bianca listened. We're outside by the fire pit, the sun still high in the sky. I had to give it to Hayes, the dude was a romantic.

      Yuna's lying on her stomach, bikini top undone a little bit so her back could tan. I make a joke about offering to serenade her- and as I look down, I see that her back isn't tan anymore, but is actually very pink. 

  "Yunes," I gently press a hand to her back, it's on fire. "Aren't tans supposed to be golden?"

  "Yeah why?" She leans her head back to look at me, eyes absorbing me into them.

                "You look like a lobster."

         "Shit!"  She looks over her shoulder and I snap a picture on my phone, showing her how red she was, causing her to jump up immediately, tying her bikini strap and darting for the house. 

"Ooh, that's gonna hurt."  I wince when I glance at her blood red back, She immediately ran inside the house and began raiding her bags for something.

    "Can you rub this Aloe Vera gel on my burn? Maybe it'll get rid of some of it."   She pulled her hair to the side, turning her back to me.

 "Babe, nothing can reverse that."  I chuckle, but give in, squeezing the thick gel onto my hands and rubbing it in her back. Her skin is hot against my hands, hot and soft and smooth. It's going to hurt later, I'm sure of it, she'll probably get chills tonight.

         "Well...What else can we do today?"   She sighed, pulling a long sundress on over her bikini, pinning her hair back, it's long, but still too short to tie back, so she uses an array of sparkly bobby pins. 

       I check her shoulders under the strap of her dress, they're red as well. Poor baby is going to be in so much pain tonight.

          "Want to go get pizza?"   She nods, and we dart for my car. This entire week we've done things as a double date and today I want it to be just about us, no one else. I drive through town, distinctly aware that this feeling of relaxation will be gone by tonight when we're packing. Then it's back to the stress of everyday life. 

    But for now... Now things were good.

   We stop at a pizza shack and Yuna orders something called taco pizza, in between bites she asks if I've started to write anything to Marc yet, and a flicker of anger ignites in my gut. I wonder if I'll ever be able to hear his name and not want to throttle him. 

 I honestly don't know what to write... It's much easier to stay mad at someone than it is to forgive them. I could go on and on about how I felt abandoned and betrayed by him but couldn't think of a single word to write in a forgiveness letter. Did that make me a bad person?