Six| Parties. (edited)

(YUNA POV)

          The days pass quickly, thank God. With work and school and work and study group, I've only been in the dorms for eight hours a night. I was able to avoid Riven as much as possible, trying not to fall for him. 

  I came close during his family dinner, but I was able to pull back. I can't allow myself to love someone who goes against all my morals... Even if he is a good brother.

   My heart hurts every time I think about that. What a good brother he is, what a good brother I once had.

  It's Friday night and therefore a party night over at the North dorms. I decided to go after realizing Diamond and her roommate were going too. It would be a good test, get myself out there, face the crowds. 

    Alexa and Diamond would be heading this way with clothes I could wear to the party, I stay back and watch Riven change.

   He holds up a leather jacket against his abdomen, dressed in black jeans and a white button up. "Jacket or no jacket?"

    "Jacket." I lay on my back and hug my lion squishmallow to my chest. "Your leg looks like it hurts."

    He'd been limping all day, he probably needed a whole week without using it. Every time Riven had to stand or shift his weight he would limp slightly and grit his teeth. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and stop pointing it out, but I couldn't help that I was worried.

   "You're very observant."

  "Why don't you just use crutches then?"

 "Oh you sweet naive child."

  "What?" The darkness in his eyes tell me I should probably stop pressing.

   "I'm gonna be in a packed room with people dancing and drinking and you expect me to navigate that on crutches? While I drink? What about girls?"

   "I'm sure the leg thing isn't a deal breaker, they may be too drunk to notice." I wave him off even though I'm aware how odd this situation looks.

   Riven, in the nicest outfit I've seen him wear all week, raven hair gelled back, and me, in my bed hugging my lion stuffie named Leonard. I probably look like a child right now.

   "Not everyone is as acceptable as you, Yuna." 

  He actually looked sad.

  "Riven," I push myself up to sit, leaning back on my arms, "Do you really think that's a deal breaker?"

  "You can't blame me." He runs a hand up his neck and laughs, looking to the door. He walks out before I can say or ask anything else.

  The way he was raised, no, I can't blame him. Who knows how ableist and elitest his family was. I can only hope he knows how wrong they are.

      I busy myself with makeup, doing a smoky eye and red lips, and by the time Diamond comes in with Alex, I'm starting to question if I really want to do this.

 What if I make a fool of myself? What if I look stupid?

    "Change. We're going." Diamond tosses a red crop top, black shorts and thigh high black boots on my bed. "You'll look hot."

      So I change. The outfit is tight around my abdomen, but besides that, it fits. I leave the room and don't bother to put a wig on.

  Alex has dyed her hair maroon and is wearing a black shimmery slip dress, her mouth drops once she sees me. "You look like you could be a star!"

   "Alrightttt-" Diamond slings her arm around Alexa's shoulders, "She's not looking for a girlfriend." 

  "It was worth a shot."