8 -Hungover

“Hey Ally – How nice to see you!” Kate chirped with a fake smile on her face as soon as I sheepishly entered our room.

“Ummph,” I groaned, clutching my head in my hands.

“Hmm,” She pondered with a hand on her chin as she approached me, “judging by your bloodshot eyes and intolerance for noise, I’d have to say you’re hung-over.”

“What a genius,” I muttered as I plopped down, face first, on my mattress.

“So do tell? Did you decide to follow my advice after all?”

I turned my head to see her sitting on my bed and sighed as I pushed myself into a sitting position. “No of course not,” I frowned. Or at least I hope not…

“So who was it then?”

“No one,” I kept my expression passive as I pulled out a change of clothes.

“Please,” she rolled her eyes as she leaned towards me with her head in her hands. “You don’t come out of a night that hung-over without some good stories to tell.”

I chuckled, then cringed as the vibrations tore through my head painfully. “What are you expecting? Something out of the Hangover?”

“Tell me!” She whined.

I shook my head smirking, “No thanks. I’m not giving you anything that you could possibly use against me later.”

“You’re finally learning,” She smiled in irritation.

“Took me long enough,” I sighed, rolling my eyes.

A few minutes later I had entered the cafeteria and had loaded a large tray with good Hangover food in addition to making myself a cup of coffee with the school coffee machine.

I literally sighed as the coffee entered my lips. Even though I knew it would have no effect yet, the mental relief it gave me was incredible.

“Princess,” I yelped as I received a jab to my side. I jumped, spilling the coffee over my hand. I hissed in pain, “Shit,” I grumbled.

Jack chuckled as he left and returned with a large handful of napkins. I ripped them away from him and began wiping up the mess.

“Thanks,” I muttered ungraciously when he disposed of all the dirty napkins in the trash.

“No problem Sweetcheeks,” Jack smirked and leaned in, placing a quick peck on my lips.

I widened my eyes in shock and tried to punch him in his gut again. However, he caught my fist in his hand and yanked me up closer to him.

“Not so fast, Miss Violent,” he rebuked, waving his finger in front of my face before quickly tapping me on the nose, “You should be thanking me for saving you from a heap of trouble.”

I rolled my eyes, “Says the guy who got me into a mountain of trouble just the other day.”

He smirked up abashedly. “Aww Princess, don’t tell me you’re holding a grudge,” I frowned as he tapped on my chin lightly.

 “Anyways, it was nice getting to get to know you last night,” Jack winked. My mouth dropped open and I stepped back.

“What did I do? What did you do?”

“You don’t remember?” He wagged his eyebrows as he smirked.

“It’s fuzzy,” I twisted the side of my mouth down into a frown as I clutched at my elbows. “I just want to make sure.”