li

Christopher Brown
The Next Day

"Hello." I said, answering my moms call. She's been blowing my phone up but I've been avoiding her. She's the only person that can see right through me and when my mom finds out what's going on, I'm dead.

"About time you answer, I was ready to call the police and see what the hell is going on over there. I've even been calling Sydney and getting her voicemail."

"We've been busy and her phone is broken."

"Oh okay. So how's my grandbaby?"

"Perfect. It's crazy how fast Syd's stomach is growing." I looked at her as she stared at the TV.

"Good, it's almost over. I can't wait to see him."

"Me either."

"Can I talk to Sydney?"

"Uh, she's a little busy right now. I'll have her call you ba-." The phone was snatched away from my ear. I tried to grab it back but I didn't move fast enough.

"Hey ma." Sydney said. "Nothing much, kinda of been stuck in the house these last few weeks."

My jaw clinched. She bet not open her big ass mouth.

"Yeah, I had a doctors appointment. That's the only time I get out the house.......no it's not that, your son has been holding me hostage for the past three weeks. Destroyed my keys phone and cards so I can't leave."

SHIT!

I heard my mom yelling. I groaned and ran my hands over my face. "Why the fuck would you do that?!"

She muted the phone. "Let me leave and I'll tell her it was a joke."

"Tell her it was a joke."

"Can I leave?"

"NO!"

She unmuted the phone. "Yes I'm still here. It was a joke Ma......yeah, he didn't do anything like that, I was kidding. I have to go use the bathroom really bad, I'll call you later....love you too." Sydney passed me the phone then sat back down on the couch. I watched as she wiped the tears from her face.

"Yeah ma." I said After she called my name for the millionth time.

"Christopher, is everything okay? I'm getting worried."

Exhaling I ran my hand over my head. "We're good. Ima call you back."

"Okay. If you two need anything don't hesitate to call."

"Okay."

"Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up the phone and tossed it. I looked at Sydney before sitting across from her.

"Why won't you let me leave? Keeping me hostage isn't going to make things better Chris. If you would've just let me get a few days to myself we would've been fine."

"Sydney you just don't understand how much I love you man. And I know that I keep fucking up and being a jack ass. Instead of doing everything right, I constantly Fuck up! I wanna make this work, I want you to marry me and be with me for the rest of our lives. I.i want us to be happy." Tears filled my eyes and I chewed on my bottom lip.