xiii

Sydney Michaels

Sydney Michaels

I could feel Chris's piercing eyes on me the entire time he was there even though I never looked his way. I didn't even know he was coming tonight so me dancing on Michael was just for fun.

Michael was made well aware that we're just friends. I agreed to go to Miami but it's not like we're about to be in the same room or anything. Only time is I'll probably cross paths with him is when there's a couples thing going on. Besides that I'm staying to myself.

Maybe I should've just went alone.

After not being able to handle him staring I headed to the bathroom. Not to pee because these toilets scream STD! I just need to take a few deep breaths.

I stayed in there for about 15 minutes at the most then went back to where we were. I glanced around and Chris was gone.

Sighing I went and grabbed my purse. I was no longer in the mood to turn up.

"Where you going?" Shanice yelled over loud music.

"Home."

She poked out her bottom lip. "Why best friend?"

"I'm not feeling too good, the liquor hit me wrong."

She got up and started getting her things which was shocking. Ever since her and Trey hooked up they've been attached to the hip. It's cute.

"Woah, where you going?" He asked her.

She whispered something to him and he nodded then hugged and kissed her and came to hug me.

"Feel better little bit." He said before kissing my temple.

"Thanks Trey."

Shanice grabbed my hand and we headed outside. She decided to drive for me.

"You wanna stop at the store and get something?"

"No, I just want to get in bed. Whatever is wrong I can just probably sleep off."

"This has nothing to do with Chris does it?"

I looked at her then out the window.

"Aww best friend." She reached over and pushed my hair behind my ear. "You never even told me what happened."

"He's an asshole when he's jealous. He's upset that I'm agreeing to go to Miami with Michael."

"I'm confused about that as well. You like Chris right?"