iii

Sydney Michaels

Sydney Michaels

I've been sitting outside of my moms house for a good 20 minutes just thinking. Do I really want to go in here? Do I really want to entertain a fight that my sister starts every time she sees me? Am I really ready to see the disappointed look on my step dads face? I know, my life is so damn depressing.

Exhaling, I cut off the car, grabbed my keys and purse, got out and headed to the door. I stood there for a while after ringing the bell, then it finally opened and Austin my step dad appeared.

"I must be dreaming." He said while rubbing his eyes.

I laughed at his corniness. "Hi dad."

"Hello Syd!" He pulled me into a hug then we walked inside the house. "I didn't think you were really coming."

"I know I've missed a few years, so this was long overdue."

"It really was, im glad you're here though."

"Thank you. Where's mom?"

"She is upstairs getting dressed. You two have plans?"

"Yes, I promised to take her out to eat and shopping since I'm not staying here."

"And why is that?"

"I didn't want to intrude, you already got London here and I'm sure AJ is going to be staying here with whatever girl he wants to bring." I laughed. "Besides my best friend is with me."

"Sydney we have more than enough room for everybody. I'm upset that you're waisting money."

"It's fine dad, I'm touched at much you guys want me to stay here."

He sighed. "Sydney, I know you've always felt that me and you had some type of disconnection because I'm not you're real father or that I'm upset with you not following in our footsteps career wise but I just want you to know that's not the case. I love you and I'm happy that you're happy."

"Thank you Daddy." I pulled him into another hug. Honestly that made me want to cry. "I'm gonna go upstairs and see if mom is almost ready."

"You know she's not."

I laughed while heading upstairs. "Mommy! What are you doing?"

"I'm getting dressed, come in." She yelled. I walked into her room and my sister was sitting on her bed. I swear every time I see her a chill runs down my spine.