Epilogue

The cruel Prince sat at the edge of his father's bed. Watching as his beloved dad took his last breaths.

A black knight from the squad that Damian took with him had returned to tell him the news. It was some black fellow, Tyrone. I personally thought he was a tool, but he did his job and was loyal only to me. So, I spared his life when he burst into my chambers mere hours ago.

Tyrone told me about everything that had happened on the hunt. Damian's sudden disappearance. Him viciously attacking Joesph and how Damian and the tracker Philip still hadn't returned with the rest of the squadron.

The tool told me about his suspicions. He simply thought that my darling brother found out that his mate was the escapee Rouge. I questioned his observatory skills, as anyone in their right min would. I found him clean of bias. Hmmm.

Despite the boy being a total snitch, his words held great importance. To find his mate just before I could would be a very Damian thing to do. The little brat was trying to play me like a violin.

If there was one thing that my brother wasn't good at, it was playing dirty. He didn't have the heart nor the lack of morals needed to become King. King of the most ruthless species on the planet. He couldn't handle it.

He wanted to lessen restriction on the people. To stop cracking down on the Rouges. He didn't see the violence behind their existence. I did.

The Alphas in this god forsaken land were demanding and betraying. Once you give them an inch, they take a mile. The only way to tame the Alphas and their people was through fear. When I become King, I will make one thing very clear.

You don't have to like me. You can hate me if you want to. As long as you fear me. Once people fear you, then you alone hold the power to change the world.

Damian just didn't have the mind set to be a great king. Sure had the potential to be a good King, but not the right material to be a great one. A great King needed to destroy the ways of the past and build the new empire. A great King needs to be known throughout time as the man who changed the world. Starting the the slaughter of every Rouge on the planet.

There was only two things that stopped me from reaching my birthright. My father and my brother.

My brother... He would die a slow death. One of torture and pain. I wanted him to die slow... I wanted him to feel the pain as my men raped his mate. I wanted him to beg for mercy. Only then, after he begged for his mates release, I would kill her.

I would laugh as he screamed. Mates were for the weak.

However, half of my burden lay just down the hall. Completely paralyzed and unable to stop the demon that plans to kill him.

Sorry Pops, that demon is me.

So again, I sat and watched as his breathing stopped and his heart stood still. Poison. The painful kind, it coursed through his veins. Scorching his intestines and setting his blood on fire. Poison would do the trick.

My father was dead, as would be my brother. For now, I had to settle for just torturing the living hell out of everyone close to him. Salt on the wound.

I knew that the lame Bastard that I had the displeasure of calling a brother only had one friend. The tracker, Phillip. The same man who had stayed behind in god knows where with my weak excuse of a brother.

I knew how empathetic Damian was when it came to his friends. I wonder... didn't Phillip... yea, about last year or so...this was it. My plan had been set in motion. The only way to punish the docile beast was to punish the ones who didn't deserve it.

I charged out of the dead Kings chambers, on a mission.

I now had a surprise dinner date with Vanessa Stewart. Let's see how great our dear tracker is at tracking his own mates corpse...

The End