Chapter Seventeen : Cell

"Oh, Father tell me. Do we get what we deserve?"

When I woke up, I knew something was wrong. I couldn't move my body, not even a finger. My thought were scattered all over the place, I couldn't keep them in line.

I seemed to be drifting in and out of consciousness, not awake yet not asleep. I couldn't focus, my eyes were all blurry.

Where the hell am I?

The space around me was dark and cold. It seemed familiar, but I couldn't really put my finger on it. My hands hurt, specifically my wrists. I peered down at them to see that they were handcuffed... Strange.

How did I get here.

Then, all the sudden everything came rushing back to me. My time in prison. Meeting my mate. My first kiss. Being left by my mate and being drugged shortly after.

As my eyes began to adjust to the sun lighting I noticed that my legs were tied up. Metal chains wrapped around my ankles then connected to a longer chain that was bolted to the wall. A sharp sense of smell told me that both the chain and the strange cuff on my wrists was made from silver.

Silver was deadly to werewolves. A direct injection of silver to any viral organ would kill even an Alpha. It was the Moon Goddesses curse.

Selene didn't want werewolves to rule the world. That's why she gave humans (the weakest speices) weapons equipped to kill werewolves. It was Selenes only flaw, making one of her children much stronger than all the others. So she balanced it out by creating silver, our only weakness.

The goddess Selene originally had five children. The oldest was Lazarus, the first werewolf. Next came his little brother Romani, the first vampire. After that was Alexei, the first witch and her twin brother Dimitri, the first warlock. The youngest was the weakest of them all, Adam. The first human.

Almost all of Selenes children had left her upon adulthood, no longer caring about there loving mother. All of the children went there separate ways, except for the oldest. Lazarus the werewolf. As a way of saying thanks to her loyal child, Selene gifted him and all his descendants the mate bond. Something that no other species has. 

However, the female descendants of Alexei have a gift that no other have as well.

Violet eyes.

I shivered.

How did I not put this together earlier?

Pain radiated up my arms as I regained my strength. I sat in shock for a moment. Did I just heal myself?

I had never healed this quickly before. Just a few moments ago I was paralyzed.

The witches words flashed through my mind.

-Flashback-

"What the hell are you doing to me?"

"Bringing your wolf back."

-Flashback Over-

Oh shit.

Damian POV

"You did the right thing, bro. Remember that." Phillip told me, his right hand resting in my shoulder. I swatted it away, still debating whether this whole thing was his fault or not.

Ever since I had to leave Paige, I've been pissed off at everyone. I knew that it was just the mate bond protesting me and her being apart, but that did nothing to calm me.

I still couldn't get that picture out of my head. The image of my  beautiful mate on the verge of tears, all because of me. Of what I've done.

She thought I didnt want her. That I didn't spend my every waking moment thinking of her smile. Like I didn't want to break all the rules and run back into her arms. I knew she did, and she was wrong.

I wondered where she was right now. Was she still in the hotel room? Or had she packed her things and had already left town.

Or maybe... Something bad happened. After I left.

Snap out of it, Damian. I told myself before I began to hyperventilate. She's fine. The girl survived prison for years, she can handle a few nights on her own.

Just because I knew it,  doesn't mean that I like it. I wanted her to be here... with me. Like any mate should.

"Leave me alone before I snap your neck." I told Phillip, my golden mood shining through.

"Fine, you idiot. Don't take my advice. See if I care!" Phil stormed off, taking obvious offence to my statement.

We were back at the hotel room that we originally stayed in, I was sitting on my bed, Phil looking out the window on the other sude of rhe room. The rest of the knights were still at the hospital with Joesph.

If there was one thing that I didn't regret about this day, it was hurting Joesph. Listen, I know how sick and twisted that sounds. Hear me out.

I've been a little disturbed by Joesph overall willingness (borderline excitement) to hate/kill Rouges. He's like Tyrone but much quieter and more stupid.

I didn't regret hurting him because he was out to hurt my mate. My Paige. It gave me pride knowing that I had successfully protected my mate from danger. My heart swelled at the sheer memory. Then skyrocketed downwards when I thought of what happened after.

Of course I hoped that Joe didn't die in the hospital, maybe then I would feel a twinge of remorse. Maybe.

A sudden jolt went through my arm as I thought about Paige. A jolt that borderline on pain. Was I hurt? I checked my wrists. Nothing.

Yet the jolt eased into a dull ache. An ache that seemed to be spreading.

Did I hurt myself in the last few days or so?

I quickly scanned my memories for a serious event that harmed me. Not even my fight with Joesph left much of a mark on me.

So what was this coming from?

That's when it hit me with a sudden clarity. My breathing came out haggard and labored. My heart pounding in my ears.

This wasn't my pain. This was hers. Paige's. Something was terribly, horribly wrong.