Chapter Thirteen : The Savage Prince

"I've been up.
I've been down.
Seen the world.
From the ground."

Paige POV

"I'm tired." I told Damian, my eyelids drooping. I had a long day,  breaking out of prisons and running away from my mate.

My head was laying on his shoulder, his hands buried in my hair. I don't know what he was staring at, he'd been looking at my face a lot. A strange look in his eyes.

"Is it time for me to go?" He asked me, a hint of a smile in his voice. My eyes bolted open and I grabbed his shirt in a vise grip.

"No. Mate stay." I shook my head fiercely. I wanted to hold him in my arms all night. He gave me a long look.

"Pweese..." apparently baby voice worked on Princes, because he reach over and turned off the lamp. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. This hot body warmed my up like no other.

And for the second time that night, I fell asleep in seconds.

Phillip POV

-6 hours later-

Damian has been out all night. Our initial agreement was to have him come back at midnight, as to not make the rest of the knights suspicious.

Now, it was sunrise and it was too late. The other knights were chomping at the bit to go track him down. I was the only thing that prevented them from leaping out the doorway.

"Guys, the Prince went out a walk last night. He will be back shortly." I told them.

"Phil, what if he got captured by... or even killed by the Rouge." A tall black man named Tyrone asked. "It's likely that she pulled a weapon on him... Look, here's his gun. That means he didn't take it with him. The Rouge could have killed him! We need to execute the Rouge and avenge our Captain."

Tyrone held up the Damian' s belt, a holstered gun still inside.

Damian, you idiot.

"There is no legitimate proof of that statement, Tyrone. He could have just gotten lost." Even as the words passed my lips, I knew they werent very believable. Werewolves had too keen a nose to ever get lost. 

He scoffed. "You know just as well as I do that something's wrong here!"

"We shall wait here for one more hour. If the Captain doesn't show up, I'll track down his location."

I turned my back to the soldiers, dismissing them. I heard the scuffle of boots as they all went back to their rooms.

Get back here quick, Damian. If your not here in a hour, I have no choice but to rally the troops after you. 

Damian POV

I awoke to the sun blaring through the window. It cast long beams of light on the ground, warming the chilly room.

I had Paige wrapped up in my arms, her head resting on my chest. Her left ear resting directly over my heart. Her pale pink lips formed a little pout as she slept, I desperately wanted to kiss it.

The early morning light made her creamy skin light up gold, like a beautiful sun goddess. I rested my head back down on the soft pillows and came face to face with an alarm clock.

It read 9:45 in obnoxious red lettering. A total of 9 hours and 45 minutes later than I was supposed to be out of here.

Shit. I was so screwed. Phil was gonna have my head for this.

I carefully unwrapped Paige from my grasp and gently tucked her into the bed.

After laying a small note on the nightstand, I raced out the door. I hated leaving her like this, like she was nothing more than a booty call. A one night stand. It wasn't like that. I wanted to marry her one day, when we were safe.

I just hoped she understood.

My shoes made a slight tap as I walked down the hallway to the elevator. I pressed the downward arrow and waited, my foot tapping on the floor lightly.

The elevator door opened. Phillip was inside.

Along with all the other ten guards, fully dressed in dark battle armor. Phil's eyes widened as he saw he, then turned stricken with guilt

Shit.

Phillip POV

"Your Highness, are you hurt? Did the Rouge harm you in any way?" Tyrone asked, charging out of the elevator.

"What are you doing here? Phillip, what is the meaning of this?" He eyes flashed to me, full of raw hurt.

"We organised a search party after you, My Prince."

I had no choice.

"Well, I'm fine. You can all go n-"

"Damian?" A dainty voice called out from behind Damian. It was a girl with blonde hair and dark eyes. She stepped outside the doorway wearing only cotton PJ's, apparently unaware of the situation in front of her. The Princes eyes snapped open in fear and turned save her,  but it was too late. She had been spotted.

"ROUGE!" a guard yelled. The Rouge leaped back into the motel room, finally noticing the black knights after her. She shoved the thin door closed. Making the  door slam with an audible crack!

Joesph and two other soldiers went running down the hallway. Damian tried to intercept them, but it wasn't up to him anymore. The wolves were in a kill mode, they wouldn't stop until she was dead.

The rest of the guards drew there guns, stepping into the hallway to backup Joesph. I found myself unable to leave the spot that I was in. Paralyzed.

Joseph began to lift his leg up to smash in the door. I watched silently as he lifted his huge foot, so that it could break the door in half with enough strength.

He reared his head back, his knee  almost touching his chest. With a loud growl, he moved to kick the door in.

Unfortunately, Joesph was intercepted by a full 200 pound of Princely muscle named Damian Eros.

Damian charged him like a raging bull, knocking Joesph to the ground. Vicious snarls and growls were heard as Damian began to ruthlessly pound Joesphs head into the floor with all the muscle an Alpha King could posses. Joesph tried to put his hands up to guard his face but it was no use.

He didn't even have a chance.

Damian left poor Joe on the floor, bleeding and unconscious before standing up. His clothes speckled with dots of Joe's blood.

The rest of the guards stood outside the door, watching in horror as there leader killed their comrad, over a Rouge.

You really did it this time, Prince.