The Second Attack

"Never speak from a place of hate, jealousy, anger, or insecurity."

****Alice's P.O.V****

As I looked over, I saw Dad come out of the tent. Oliver and I had been searching for what had rustled up the bushes. As I saw Dad exit the tent, a small explanation was leaving my lips.

Before I could get a single syllable out, he was side tackled by a vampire. A female vampire, a FAMILIAR FEMALE VAMPIRE. She which sunk its teeth into Dad's neck and started to steal blood from his body.

"DADDY!!!" I screamed out.

I stood, froze in fear and sadness. Thankfully, Oliver was wise enough to throw his two knives. One landed in her back and the other in her side. This caused the monster to arch her back up in pain, and stopped feeding off my father. She looked up at us and hissed, blood dripping down her lips.

"Sorry," she smirked, "he had her scent on him."

Fear left my mind and it turned to shock. Not because the vampire was Vanessa, I know, long time no see, right? Note the sarcasm.

'He had her scent on him.' The phrase echoed through my mind. Emma, she had let her scent pass closest. She came out of the tent and when I saw her, my shock turned to anger.

"Don't blame others for your stupidity, Vanessa," snarled Oliver.

"Oliver, if I weren't so full, I would devour your beautifully scented blood," she utterly responded, "besides, her scent is on you too."

"Get the hell out of here, before I tear you limb from limb," I growled, using her own threat against her.

She ran off at a great speed, thankfully leaving Dad. I ran and knelt quickly beside him, knowing that he didn't have long. He was pale, and barely breathing.

"A-alice," he barely made out. I held his hand tightly as tears quickly formed in my eyes.

"I'm here Daddy," my voice quivered.

"Y-you are capable," he said in a soft tone, "of many things, take...him...down...I love you, y-you...have made me...proud..."

"I-i will, I love you to Dad," I could barely see him spread a small smile on his face.

The sorrow made me forget, Dad was about to turn. As if he read the thought I had, Dad grabbed a knife which had fallen from Vanessa. He struck it to his chest. Mortified and sick with sorrow, I turned away before I could see him turn to dust.

Oliver took me in his arms as I sobbed onto his shoulder. My heart felt like it had broken in not only two, but two hundred pieces. My dad, my best friend, the only parent I had left, was gone. Memories were all I could keep, all I had left, of the wonderful man I called my father.

I gazed over Oliver's shoulder and there stood Emma. I had had it with her. The "flirting", the challenging, the so called "punishment" for not taking her advice. Tears were falling from her eyes, but I didn't care. The fear which had transformed into shock and then into anger, evolved into hate. For all that she had done. It was her fault Oliver had never said anything. Her fault she chose to be immature. HER FAULT MY DAD WAS DEAD. And the little brat realized it too. I saw it in her eyes as she could probably see the hate in mine. She was scared. Hmmm, I guess it wasn't that hard too see feelings in someone's eyes, I wonder if Oliver noticed.

Quivering, she approached me, what nerve.

****Emma's P.O.V****

I had seen it all. Oliver strike Vanessa, Alice break, and Chase dying. She looked at me and I could see the emotions in her eyes. Fear, shock, anger, and the one I feared most, hate. I knew I had to try, to try and make things okay. To make sure the hate didn't take her. But it was too late. It was always too late for me. I was scared, and she could tell.

"Lo-look...Al-Ali-Alice...don't lis-" I tried to say.

She parted from Oliver's arms and walked over to me. Her eyes were tear-stained. Oliver turned to us, clueless as ever. Are there any guys who could read emotions through a girl's eyes?

"Don't what?" She glared at me, "it's your fault my dad's dead," Alice spat.

"Bu-but, I didn't d-"

"Shut up you little brat! It was YOUR scent that Vanessa tracked. You ruined everything! You ruined my chances with someone! You ruined my future with my father! Get out of my face!" Alice practically screamed at me. Tears streamed down her face.

She was hurt, deeply, deeply hurt. And the fact Vanessa had killed her father, made everything worse. She was furious. Although I could see the hurt and anger behind the words, they still stung. I was practically bawling. I hid my sobs, I had to keep trying.

"Alice...If it means anything...I'm sorry, bu-" I sniffled and tried again.

"You have the nerve, to apologize?"Alice half laughed, but it wasn't out of happiness, "Listen to me. Go away, get out of here. Before someone else tracks your stupid scent!"

"Alice...please, don't do this," I sobbed, "please I'm begging you."

"I want nothing to do with someone who ruins lives. I said get out of here, I mean it Emma. Get the hell out of here before I..." She trailed off.

The tears kept flowing from my eyes, and I grabbed my backpack with a heavy heart. It was best I go, before she did something she regretted. I headed away, unknown where my steps would take me.