The First Attack

"The human world...it's a mess"
-The Little Mermaid

***Emma's P.O.V***
We walked for a while away from our "camp", and I finally decided it was time. Time to share what I had been carrying, literally.

"Hey, um, could we stop for a sec?" I questioned and everyone stopped walking.

"What is it Emma?" Chase asked.

I let out a sigh, "well, I have had this thing I want to share with you. I've been carrying it and I'm thankful none of you have asked for it," everyone watched as I let down my backpack and knelt to unzip it, "well, I trust each one of you, and I want to share what I have with you."

Inside my backpack, I had my bow and arrows (my size) stored. Along with carved knives, ninja stars, and a machete. This was my baggage I wanted to share with them, literally, like this thing was heavy. If we didn't take many breaks, I'm afraid my back would break.

"Thank you Emma," Oliver spoke.

"Oh yeah, this is really, really gonna help, thanks a bunch Emma," added Alice.

All Chase did was pat my head in approval, "may I?" He asked politely. I nodded and smiled.

He dug out the small machete and stored it safely. He took out the ninja stars.

"Oliver, you've got skill with throwing things," I complimented intentionally, "you need these, knives can only take you so far."

Alice gave me a look, not a glare, but it definitely wasn't friendly. I hid a smirk, if she didn't want to take my advice, she didn't have to, but she was going to learn the consequences of doing so.

"Wow, thanks Emma," Oliver thanked and smiled at me, "you could have possibly saved my life."

I blushed a little which set Alice over the edge, but she didn't do a thing, "anytime Oliver," I smiled, "I'd be happy to any other day."

Although he was a bit older than me, and totally not my type, messing- I mean showing the "consequences" of not taking advice, was fun.

Chase rolled his eyes, "yeah, yeah. Now lets go, before the monsters catch our scent and hunt us down."

Alice put on a smile, "yes, let's be on our way. I'll walk with Dad."

She wanted to walk with who?! But, my plan... Fine, she wanted to try and "play" along, I would make it worthwhile.

***Alice's P.O.V.***

We made our way back to the town. I chose to walk with Dad, why? Emma wanted to make me jealous, to try and "wow" Oliver in front of me. Yes it bothered me, but I was NOT going to let it show. Besides, if Oliver cared, he could at least try and pursue me.

"Hey, Alice," Dad spoke, "how's my little girl?"

I smiled and realized I missed walking with my dad, "great! Well now that I'm walking with my favorite person in the world! How have you been, Dad?"

I meant what I said too, my dad would always be my favorite.

"Pretty good," he returned the smile.

As we walked for a while we talked and laughed, which made me happy I walked with my dad.

As soon as we got to the town, we were off into pairs again. Only this time, I chose to be paired with Emma. Payback was near for her, I was going to out do her.

We knelt and hid behind things, jogging to catch up to the building. It was guarded by two vampires. When we were close, Emma took a small, accidental, step.