The Split

"We accept the love we think we deserve."-The Perks of Being a Wallflower

RECAP:
Oliver grabbed my hand and we made our escape once again.

I didn't want to turn back, to look back, but I did. I made the mistake of doing so. What I saw was something I couldn't, something I shouldn't be running from anymore. I stopped.

"Alice, come on, we have to keep going."

"No, I-I-"

"What do you mean NO? We have to keep going! What if, what i-"

"I'm tired of running from them. I want to show them I am not afraid! She's taken me hostage, hurt me, and murdered my father. I can't keep running from them, from HER. I want to end her once and for all. Call it revenge, call it whatever you want, I call it "dealing with the consequences," I said, louder and louder, enraged. I was going to kill her. Nothing could stop me.

"Alice, I underst-"

"NO, Oliver, you don't. You may think you do, but you don't"

I looked away from him, remembering how she hissed when I stabbed the knife into her stomach. I knew that her wound was probably healed by now, which is why I had to go back. Why I had to finish her off, before that blasted vampire king, Emma's father did. I know I sounded crazy, I know all these thoughts weren't healthy, but I she killed my father, and she had to pay for it.

"Alice!" Oliver shouted, as if he were saying something, "did you even hear a word I said?"

I couldn't answer him, I stood there looking at him, he was shocked at what I had become, and I didn't know what to do about it.

"Look, you're either with me, or..."

"Are you serious, Alice?! After all you and I have been through? Are you really going to choose some revenge over me?"

"No, Oliver, it-it-it isn't like that," I raised my voice, "I told you, you don't understa-"

"NO, Alice, I do damn well understand. I lost my FAMILY to those hideous things, I watched them ALL get devoured and eaten by them, I had it worse. So wh-"

"Then come with me! Let's finish them, together, my lov-"

"Don't you dare. I don't know what we had before, bu-but it's over. You've made things very clear."

I stood there, dumbfounded. Another freaking thing Vanessa took from me, Oliver. I couldn't believe this, he was blaming me.

"F-fi-fine."

He gave me one last look, and he walk away. I was so foolish to let him go, but, once I destroyed Vanessa, I could get him back, just watch. I did a weapon check, and it appeared, I had none on me, well except my switchblade. I'll just make something using the blade. I'll make something sharp, something that will definitely make Vanessa die,a slow painful death. I headed for a pile of branches, with something special in mind.

******************************************************************************************************

The sun started to set, while I made the final touched on my tenth, small, wooden spear. I knew exactly what to do with them, exactly where to plunge them into Vanessa's cold, horrid, body. Of course, I might just kill her with one or two, so I made the choice to go after Emma, since she was also responsible for my dad's death. I knew just who to end. I was quiet in making these, though. I was located just on the outskirts of the vampire camp.

Most people would wait to attack, since it was dark. However, my need for revenge was so high, I had to do it now. I marched into their camp, with my wooden spears in my bag, blade in hand. I left all my other supplies back, I didn't need those. I marched to the camp, careful and cautious. It was kind of ironic, not to find a single vampire out, since they are stereotypically expected to be all out at night. I quietly and stealthily made my way to the city hall. Last time I checked, which was about when the sun was just descending from it's highest point, she was taken into a small shed. I suspected, she was to be tortured or kept there for punishment. I looked around the town.

There it was, an old, what seemed to be, beaten shed. It looked more like a shack, except there were no windows. Perfect. Of course, there were a couple guards, guarding the shed, where Vanessa was. I could easily take them out, they looked like they were half asleep anyway. I slowly made my way behind the shed, both happy and surprised that I was unnoticed.

I then made my way to a guard, and I quickly ended his life, and stabbed the other in the throat, before he could get any sound, word, or action out. This was the moment. My moment. The only moment that mattered. I was going to end her. I smiled and opened the shed. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, and I saw someone. A girl! A teenage girl! She did look familiar. Our eyes met. She was a girl, just not the one I was looking for....