The Town

"Always remember who you really are, always follow your heart and never lost your personality and who you really are."-Mackenzie Foy

Snow drizzled down as we made our way down a trail, hopeful to find what we were looking for. It seemed we had chosen our own buddy, Emma and Dad walked together, leading the way.

I walked with Oliver and there wasn't a moment where I was frowning or sad while we were together. We laughed, talked, joked, and debated playfully over things. When our eyes met, his beautiful, blue color had returned. Only to be complimented with an adorable smile that I melted over, rarely ever feeling the cold. If only the laughter and happiness could last forever, but this was life, which gave a negative to every positive.

Interrupting my thoughts and feelings, the "leaders" stopped as the trail seemed to. The trees now parted into a circle, around something. It seemed we reached the outskirts of an town. There were small houses and cottages, which looked abandoned. In the distance there was a big building, city hall. Carefully and quietly, we walked closer to get a better view. My hopes rose, there could be other survivors, or better this could be the "headquarters" of the vampires.

As we hid behind objects, I saw a group practically kneeling to a creature, which could be a mortal or vampire.

"Where's your leader?!" A voice boomed angrily.

A male creature appeared outside of city hall, it appeared he had a clear, crystal blue eyes, along with black, night, colored hair. He was well dressed in black clothing, but his skin was pale.

A small, yet familiar, girl approached as the others parted the way. She walked with her head down, ashamed and afraid. Holding her arm as well, the girl knelt in front of the furious creature.

"You!" His eyes flared, "explain yourself. Why do you return with only HALF an army, what the hell happened?!"

"I-I-I th-these humans! They're were four of them, I-"

"Don't tell me what you saw, stupid girl! Why didn't you TURN them, or at least, KILL them?!" He raised his hand too slap her, her eyes widened and she knelt her head down.

"Please, please, PLEASE, Master, I know their plan! Don't hurt me!" She begged desperately.

He let down his hand and she stayed in the helpless position, "Speak, before I change my mind."

"I have a feeling they want to end you, they were killing off the army," she explained, "I promise you, I will find them and end them so they won't be a problem to you."

It hit me, the helpless girl was Vanessa. She had what was left of the vampire army. The vampire that was yelling at her, it had to be the vampire king. Oh great, she had promised to kill us. Although she could cry, scream and throw all the tantrums she wanted, she wasn't getting what she wanted this time.

Dad motioned to retreat, Oliver walked with him, and it seemed I had gotten "paired" with Emma. We smiled at each other, but I couldn't help feel disappointed. Oh well, we probably needed some space anyway. Guys are weird.

"You like him a lot, don't you?" Emma questioned with a sly, smile.

My eyes widened, "shush!" She rolled her eyes, "well, I, um...as a friend?"

She laughed, we both knew that was a big lie, "Don't worry, I doubt they heard. I can see it in your eyes and smile."

Oh great, what if he noticed. This girl was physic or something. Thoughts of rejection crept in mind, "D-do you think he noticed?"

She shook her head and I let out a sigh of relief.

"I can see he cares for you, whether its in friendly way or more, if it's possible, I can try and get you two together..." She offered shyly.

My mind flash backed to what Emily said: "Woah, you, girly have crush 101. Like you have fallen! I being mature, lil ole me, can get you two together."

"I, uh, thank you, but thats alright."

"Whateves, you are never going to know his feelings being scared, but it's your decision."

I didn't respond, my mind focused back onto Emily. What if she was alive, well a vampire I mean. There was hope, I guess. If we met again, I really wished she wouldn't try to drink my blood.

I kept walking as I was thinking, but ran into something. That something was Oliver. I stopped, but thankfully didn't fall. He turned around and my face turned red.

"Oh, geeze, I'm so so sorry, I was..and she....but you," I stuttered hopelessly.

He laughed the same quiet laughter, "its okay, don't worry about it."

I smiled and then turned to Dad who was staring at us, "so, um, why did we stop?"

"Look, if we're gonna head into their town, we need a place to meet up, in case we get separated. So, lets set up a tent here," Dad explained.

We all helped to pitch the tent, and it was set in no time. Dad also added that when he said, 'retreat' we were to come back here as soon as we were safe.

When all was understood, we took weapons in hand, and headed back into the town in pairs. And guess what? I walked with Oliver this time.