The Stranger

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

When I groggily opened my eyes, I saw light shine through the tent. I felt a strong pair of arms around me with soft hands resting on my stomach. Behind me, my back rested on a presence, whose face was snuggled into my curls. I carefully turned to see who it could be and I almost died when I realized it was Oliver.

I moved my head back to face what was in front of me. As if things couldn't get anymore nerve racking, I heard a groan and felt Oliver move. Oh great.

"Huh?" He spoke and then realized the position we were in, "oh, jeeze, Alice, I- I'm so, so, soo sorry," he panicked, slowly moving his hands away.

I couldn't help but laugh, "its alright, and don't worry, I like having you around," I blushed, "so I don't think Dad has to know about this."

"Alice, you're a lifesaver," Oliver said, relieved, as he sat up and stretched.

"Literally," I laughed again and sat up, stretching as well.

We exited the tent together and I saw Dad was awake. I wondered if he had gotten any sleep at all.

"Good morning kids," he spoke, "I have breakfast made here if you like. Its fruit and some bread. I suggest you eat up, so we can leave and get on our way."

We nodded and started eating. The food wasn't much, but enough to fill us up. We both thanked Dad for breakfast and started to take down the tent.

When we finally finished taking the tent down, and Oliver and I grabbed our backpacks, and Dad already had his.

There were trees to our left and right, but oddly there were none to make a specific trail down the hill. That's when I heard a slosh in the snow. Like there was someone, or something there, possible watching us.

"Wait," I whispered to the guys, "do you heard that?" They looked at me as I pointed to the woods and I assumed they heard the snow sloshing. They confirmed by nodding.

I slowly reached and placed my handguns in my waist holsters. I surveyed the area quietly with my eyes. Then I saw a bright pair of blue eyes shine at me. Quickly, I took aim and pulled the trigger, sending a bullet hole right in between the clear, blue eyes. Before it hit the ground, it turned to dust in mid air.

"What a shame, oh well, she didn't serve use to me anyway," Spoke a familiar, but raspy, cold voice. It took me a second and it spoke again, "what? Are you deaf or scared I might 'steal a compliment'?" The voice spoke.

It jumped down from a tree behind me, and I gasped and froze. It couldn't be. I gulped and tried not to let my fear show as I turned to the creature that stood there, it was Vanessa.

"Y-yo-you can talk?"

"Only the best of us can," she cockily replied, "well, if the ones that turn us can, they pass the ability to as well."

She stood there, dressed in dark, fancy clothing. Her skin was a rare, pale color and eyes looked as clear as crystal. Although her appearance had changed, her arrogant attitude hadn't.

"Lucky you," I muttered.

"I heard that brat," she spat as she gave me a threatening glare, "you think I'm lucky?! The only thing I'm grateful for is I get to fight and have the chance to end your pathetic, human life."

Surprised and angered by the hatred she had, "oh really? I'm pathetic? Are you able to pay someone to find blood for you or do you starve because you can't do anything yourself?!"

She lunged at me, but I remembered my gun still remained in my hand. I shot where I could and heard her cry out as I nailed her in the arm. It didn't stop her for a second as she tackled me to the ground. My gun fell to the side and Vanessa quickly kicked it out of reach.

She yelled something foreign and many other vampires appeared, surrounding Dad and Oliver. They had their weapons in hand, though, I hoped they would survive.

"Your going to pay for hurting me," she threatened.

I glared at her and spit in her face. She hissed, revealing her fangs. I took a switchblade from a hidden pocket in my jacket and pressed it as near as I could to her neck.

We wrestled, fought, scratched, punched, kicked, and I, thankfully, managed to avoid her fangs. Finally, I stabbed the switchblade randomly and I felt it drive into her core. She screamed out. She managed to get up, and yell something foreign. The creatures retreated at a great speed.

I laid on the ground, my heart racing for what had happened. Oliver came and gave me a hand, which I took, and lifted me up.

We looked at each other in silence and heard yet another sloshing sound. Dad quietly followed it, without consent, then stopped behind a tree. He pointed his weapon at whatever the thing was.

As he did this, we heard a high pitched scream as they begged for their life. Dad stood there, lowered his gun with a stunned look on his face. Suddenly, a girl stepped out behind the tree and Dad stepped back as we all looked at her.

"I-I.." The girl stuttered with a quivering voice.

This girl had dark brown hair that was sprinkled with snow. Her eyes were a light brown, and her skin was a misty, light, brown color. She looked no older than ten or eleven.

Intrigued, I slowly approached her and Oliver tried to reach for me. I gave him a look and it seemed he understood this girl, this child, meant no harm.

Sweetly, I asked, "Whats your name?"

"Emma," her soft, pink lips formed a tiny smile,"my name is Emma."

Aubrey Miller as Emma shes so adorbs!!!!!! Pics in the sidebar or whatevers xp.