Just Isn't the Same

(A COUPLE YEARS LATER)

(Teddy will turn eight years old soon, Luna is continuing her successful career as a magizoologist, Harry is starting to write a book in his spare time.  Teddy is growing up to be quite the clever young boy.  Ron is still in a depressed state, but he is slowly getting better.  He found himself spending his spare time either cooking for the family, eating chicken, and helping George out with the joke shop.  All is fairly well.)

Third Person POV

Luna sat on the couch, holding Teddy in her arms, reading him a book.  Harry sat next to them, trying to be helpful, but he just ended up being a third wheel.

"... and one day, Little Red Riding Hood went out into the woods to go to her grandmother's house-"

"What kind of name is that?" Teddy asked.

"It's more of a nickname," Luna said.

"Aren't nicknames usually short?" Teddy asked once more.

"Well, that is usually the point..."

"So you're telling me she went through the woods to get to her grandmothers' house?"

"Well, yes-"

"That's bad parenting if you ask me," Teddy said.

Harry and Luna laughed.

"You're so much like your mother, Teddy," Harry said with a sigh.

Teddy smiled sadly.  "Just like you told me before... I'm really starting to miss her, you know?" 

Harry frowned.  "Teddy, we love you very much-"

Teddy shrugged.  "I don't mean it like that, I'm sorry, I just... I guess it just isn't the same, if you know what I mean.  But even though my parents aren't here with me today... you are my family.  I love you so much, Luna and Harry."

Luna's eyes glistened with tears.  She pulled Teddy into her arms and signaled Harry to join.

"We love you too, Teddy bear."