Love is Magic

Nobody's POV

"Okay, students. You may settle down now." Professor Slughorn said. "The water has been boiled, hopefully. Now, this is a different type of love potion. Your partner plays a big role in this. Since the potion will only work on you and your partner, it is unique and powerful. Put the following ingredients into your cauldrons: cricket leg, carrot leaf, cocoon, tree bark, rosemary, basil, parsley root, rabbit ear, and maple sap."

The children all scurried around the room in an effort to get the best grade.

"Harry," Luna asked, almost excited. "Can I tell you something?"

Harry, feeling unusually happy, replied. "I don't see why not."

Luna took a deep breath. "Well Harry I've always liked you since fifth year, when we first met. You were kind and smart and handsome, and you still are. And I remember that day when we were walking through the forest, and we saw thestrals. The moment was almost... magical."

Harry could see where Luna was going with this. But he didn't know if he was happy about it or not. He just nodded and smiled. "That's really kind of you."

Luna blushed. "But in sixth year, now, I feel like... Like there's something more. I don't know how to say it. I'm scared you won't agree with me."

Harry suddenly let all his memories with Luna flood into his mind. He remembered how kind and sweet she was.

"Luna, you don't have to say it. I like you, too."

The words surprised Harry, even as he said them.

But they were true.