Impossible

Nobody's POV

The bright light shone through the clear glass window and into Harry's eyes.

"WAAAAAHHHHH!"

Harry groaned and shook Luna.

"It's Teddy again, isn't it?"

Harry nodded and they both ran to Teddy's room.

Teddy was standing in his crib and reaching his arms out.  His toy, a little stuffed wolf, was on the floor.

Luna picked up Teddy.

"Aw, Teddy, don't worry," she said.  "Are you hungry?"

Teddy frowned.  "Teddy wants sammich."

Luna looked at Harry.

"Harry, can I give him a sandwich?  I don't know, he's only two..."

"His teeth aren't all in yet.  Give him apple juice or something."

Luna sighed.  "Teddy, do you want to eat some leftover pizza?"

"Peeza?"

"Yes-" Luna said.

"Luna!  You're giving him bad habits!"

"Just a little.  I'll give him some apple juice after that."

Harry chuckled.  "Ok."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Luna's POV

I woke up in the afternoon to find Teddy sleeping in my arms.

He giggled as he woke up and poked my nose.

"I poke Mommy's nosey."

I sighed.

"Teddy, I'm not your mommy.  Your mommy is in a special place, where she is with Harry's mommy and my mommy.  They are protecting us.  But even though they may not be with us, they love you very much."

Teddy frowned.  "Do you wuv me?  Woony and Hawwy?"

I sighed.  "We love you very much.  And we will love you forever.  We can't replace your mommy and daddy, but we will do our best to love you as much as they do.  And we love you a lot."

Teddy held out his arms.  "Dis much wuv?"

I put my arms out as wide as they could go.

"This much love, Teddy."

Teddy laughed and hugged me.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Harry rushed to the door and opened it.

Ron was standing there, his eyes wide and exhausted.

"Hi, Ron!" I said.

"Hello, mate," Harry said.  "What's up?"

I gestured for him to come in and sit down.

"Harry, can I talk to you... In private?  Sorry, it's just... Never mind, it's just serious.  Luna should listen."

Harry and I sat down opposite to Ron.

Ron sighed.  "Well, for the past few years, I've been missing Hermione a lot... Everytime I see a book or walk past the library, I think of her, and it's just... I want her back.  I want something that can bring her back.  As soon as possible."

Harry gasped.

"But Ron... People cannot be brought back from the dead."

Ron stood up, angry.  "DON'T YOU WANT HER BACK?!  NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!  WE STRUGGLED FOR SO LONG DURING OUR SEVENTH YEAR, AND WE NEEDED HERMIONE!  I... I'm sorry.  But while you and Luna are happy with a child and a happy home, I'm stuck, alone, in my own house.  Waiting to see it anything can change.  Harry, you know how depressed I've been these past few years?  I want her back.  And Fred and Dumbledore and..."

By this point, both Ron and Harry had tears in their eyes.

Harry sat down.  "Ron, I'm not happy.  Don't you understand how many people we've lost?  My parents, Pandora Lovegood, Tonks, Fred, Sirius, Dumbledore, Lupin, Hermione of course...  So many people.  They all deserve a chance to come back.  And I'm not saying I don't want them to come back, I'm saying that it's impossible."

Ron nodded, tears running down his face.

Luna cut in.

"Harry, Ron... There's nothing we can do.  Nothing.  I'm sorry...  They're all gone."