Chapter 2: Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper, I repeated in my mind as I laid in bed, Grim Reaper. It's one of those words that doesn't sound any different from all the other words until it applies to you. GRRIIMM RREEAAPPEERR, I said, stressing each syllable.

"I better be getting to sleep," I thought, looking at my alarm clock, "2:54."

"Thump" I heard from accross the hall. What the hell could Kid be doing this time of night? "Thump!" I heard louder this time. Ok i am going to see, I thought. "Knock, knock," I went up to his door.

Kid opened the door. He was in his pajamas and his hair was all ruffled up, it was kinda cute in my mind, but if I had said anything Kid probably would have passed out, there was no symmetry at all. "Yes?" he asked.

"What are you doing? It sounds like you're wrestling in here," I said, noticing his room, everything was out of his dresser.

"A t-shirt was out of place and I couldn't find a place for it so I started over," he explained.

"Oh, really," I giggled and messed up his hair.

"How dare you mess up my hair," he said pouting on the ground, "It's not symmetrical!"

"It isn't symetrical, either way," I teased.

"OH!!" Kid screamed with tears in his eyes, "How dare you say that about the god of death!"

"If you havnt noticed I am as much a god as you are!"

"OH!" he said as if just realising something, "Your pajamas are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!"

"What're you talking about?"

"SYMMETRY!" he yelled, stuffing his face into my chest.

"What the hell?!" I said, pushing him away.

"Huh?" He fixed my low pigtails, "There!" he stared at me with big eyes. I hadnt noticed but he is an inch or so shorter than me. I wonder if it was his age? How old is Kid?

"Hey, Kid, I have a question," I said.

"Yes, my darling."

"How old are you?" I asked, ignoring the odd nickname.

"15, why?"

"Haha you're shorter than I am!"

"Well how old are you?"

"15," i stated teasingly.

"Well you are wearing slippers."

"Im still taller, stupid," I said after taking my slipers off.

"It just adds to your beauty," he said, his face in my stomach.

"I thought you admired symmetry, not height."

"I don't care," he mumbled.

"Well, whatever you care about, I care about getting to sleep," I walked over to his clothes and put them in his drawers. It was easy because they were all already folded, "Now lets go to bed, Kid."

"Ok, fine," he said inspecting my work, "Perfect!"

"What?"

"Your organizing."

"Oh, well that's good news," I said, closing the door behind me. After that I just went to bed, I dont remember anything after that, I mean I don't usually remember falling asleep. I must have though, because the next thing I knew, I was being waken up vigorously by Kid. As I opened my eyes groggily I heard a sigh of relief.

"What?" I ask, sitting up.

"You weren't waking up, I've been trying for 10 minutes," he said, backing his way off of my lap, where he was when he was shaking me.

"What time is it?"

"11:24" he said.

"Oh really, that late? Here, I got to get ready," I said, opening the door

"Ok, your reaper uniform is in the closet," he explained, "Lord Death wants all reapers to dress formally."

"Well that explains your suit," I giggled, then shut the door.

A uniform? It better be cute cause I swear to god, I thought, pulling it out. It was like a girl verson of Kid's suit a white dress top with a collar, a black jacket with white rectangles down the seam where there normally would've been buttons, an old DWMA skull to put where boys would put a tie, a black skirt, long black socks, black sneakers and black elbow length gloves. At least it was black, I thought to myself, putting it on.