Chapter 1: Here We Go

I'm sorry. The first few chapters don't really have great sentence structure or grammar but it gets better I promise!! ☻ ☻ ☹ ☹

The laughing moon shined a silver light on the stairs leading to the DWMA. As I climb my way up, I cant help but think of how my life will change now that I am no longer living with my parents. What if Lord Death keeps his house dirty? What if he doesnt have any internet? What if-

"Hello Death the Girl," a guy in a business suit interrupted. "I'm Death Scythe, I will be showing you to the death room," he spoke proper.

Death The Girl? That's weird, my name is Cora. I debated correcting him but decided not to. I mean, who else are they expecting to show up at the DWMA at 11:30 at night?

"How was your flight?" He asked, leading me down a long hallway.

"Long," I said, not really interested in talking.

"Well this is the death room," Death Scythe went up to the mirror and wrote something on it, his finger squeezing as he rubbed it against the glass.

"Hello, hello Cora! How are ya?" Lord Death said, flashing me a peace sign.

"Hello, Lord Death, I'm fine" I said putting on a smile. Truthfully, I don't think I have smiled since my parents passed a few days ago, there hasn't been a reason to.

"Well that's good to hear. I didnt expect you to arrive so late, I was going to introduce you to my son, but he hasn't returned from his mission yet. I wanted to see if your soul wavelengths are compatible," he explained, "But there's always tomorrow." Lord Death cocked his head and I smiled at him to reassure him I heard or something. "While it's on my mind," he started again, "I think you a have class tomorrow, so before it gets any later, I will have Death Scythe show you to Death Manor."

Death Manor, I repeated in my mind, that sounds more like a murder house than a mansion. I think Death Scythe came to the realization that I wasnt too keen on talking, so it was pretty much quiet the entire walk there.

"I made sure you were in the same class as my Maka," he said as we reached the manor, "So you will have a friend when you get to class next Monday, until then you will have private lessons with Dr. Stein," he cringed for some reason.

"Ok," I said, "When will Lord Death be back?"

"Probably really late, he has to make some international calls around Asia. Feel free to take a shower or something tonight, your class doesnt start untill noon tomorrow."

"Ok thanks, you've been so nice" I squeezed out, I mean what a weird thing to say. I might actually take a shower though, I do feel a little gringey from the flight.

"If you need anything just dial on a mirror, 42-42-564" he said, handing me the key and then finally turning around and leaving.

I made myself at home a little, and then hopped in the shower around midnight. Yeah it's late but I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't. The bathroom at death manor was like any other, I could bet my life though, that they had more than just one. As the hot water steamed up the room, I heard the front door to the mansion open and slam shut.

"Who's in there? I might not have a wepon but I will beat you!" the boy said (LIZ AND PATTI WENT KISHIN SO I CAN MAKE THIS STORY)

"Well, I believe I am here, so solved that problem," I reassured.

"What problem?"

"Well I am Cora, but for some reason people have been calling me Death The Girl since I got off the plane, my taxi driver, Death Scythe, hell even my ticket said Death The Girl on it. Anyways, you must be Lord Death's son, how did you go on a mission without a weapon?" I asked, for some reason feeling more comfortable.

"Well it wasnt really a mission, my father just said that."

"What was it then?"

"An extra class, I am learning to use my weapon form."

"Oh, yes Lord Death told me about that when we exchanged phone calls, you just learned how to use it, huh? Its pretty cool being able to use weapon form and be a meister, too, heh?"

"Yeah," he said, excited to be called cool, "What's your weapon form?"

"Twin Tomi's ( A SMALL MACHINE GUN THAT SHOOTS PISTOL CARTRIDGES)"

"WOW! That's so cool, I haven't come accross one of those yet!"

"Well, ya have now," I said, opening the door to the bathroom, fully clothed in my pajamas.

"Woah" we both said in unison. I can't be sure why but I think it's because we were almost identical.

"You have Sanzu lines on your head?" he asked, dumbfounded "Only Grim Reapers have those."

"Well that's because she is a Grim Reaper," Lord Death said from the front door.

"WHAT?!" we asked in unison.